The “Baddest Man on the Planet” will step into the ring once again.
Mike Tyson will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition match on Sept. 12, according to TMZ Sports.
The event will reportedly take place in California and be sanctioned by the California State Athletic Commission. Undercard fights and musical performances are planned.
Tyson and Jones could use 12 ounce gloves for the bout, but aren’t expected to try for knockouts, reports Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.
The 54-year-old Tyson has been talking about a comeback for months after he posted a training video that went viral.
The former undisputed heavyweight champion teased a potential rematch with Evander Holyfield, a fight that could still happen after the Jones match, TMZ adds.
Tyson hasn’t fought since 2005. Jones, 51, has remained active this century, but stated that a 2018 fight would be the last of his career.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust ChelseaSpread the lovePierre-Emerick Aubameyang was Arsenal’s hero once again as the Gunners beat Chelsea 2-1 in Saturday’s FA Cup final. The Gabonese forward responded to Christian Pulisic’s early opener with a penalty to level and a beautiful wriggle and finish for Arsenal’s winner. Chelsea will feel they were out of luck at Wembley, as captain Cesar Azpilicueta and Pulisic were forced to
- FA Cup Final: Chelsea vs Arsenal Line-UpsSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN A long domestic season is almost over with Mikel Arteta and Frank Lampard battle at Wembley today with both out to win their first trophy in management. Starting XI: Caballero; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Mount, Giroud, Pulisic. Subs: Kepa, Christensen, Tomori, Emerson, Kante, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Pedro, Abraham.
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John MotsonSpread the loveVeteran comentator John Motson has seen just about everything in the FA Cup. Speaking to Fitzdares Whatsport believes Olivier Giroud could come back to haunt his former club by getting on the scoresheet – but thinks Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will end up being the match-winner for Arsenal… “Olivier Giroud is a man I think could threaten
- Napoli approves €50m signing of Victor Osimhen from LilleSpread the loveThe Nigerian global striker has joined the Serie A facet on a massive cash deal, having been linked with countless of top European clubs this summer time. According to Goal’s Emma Smith, Napoli have confirmed the signing of Nigerian international forward Victor Osimhen from Lille. The striker, who scored 18 goals in 38 appearances for
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m dealSpread the loveSaudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, the backers behind the attempted takeover of Newcastle United, has pulled out of a £300-million deal to buy the club from unpopular owner Mike Ashley, citing the Premier League’s “prolonged” review of the bid and general uncertainty around global markets. “With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and