British boxer Billy Joe Saunders has had his suspension lifted and been fined 15,000 pounds ($19,000) for appearing to condone domestic violence.
Saunders posted on social media in March a video of himself using a punching bag to advise men how to hit their female partners if they argue during the coronavirus lockdown.
The WBO super middleweight champion admitted at the time he made ”a silly mistake” and his promoter Eddie Hearn described the clip as ”idiotic” and ”unacceptable.” He was also heavily criticized by domestic abuse charities.
His licence was suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control which, after a hearing on Wednesday, found Saunders guilty of misconduct and ordered his fine to be donated to charities.
However, he was cleared to fight, the BBBofC said in a brief statement on Thursday.
Following the backlash from his video, Saunders announced he would donate 25,000 pounds to a domestic abuse charity.
Saunders, who is unbeaten in 29 fights, was close to agreeing to fight Saul ”Canelo” Alvarez in Las Vegas in May before the COVID-19 outbreak.
This week’s hearing was Saunders’ latest scrape with the BBBofC, which fined him 100,000 pounds in September 2018 after another social media video where Saunders encouraged a woman to perform a sex act in exchange for 150 pounds worth of drugs.
- “I’m gonna kick his a** anyway” – Tyson claims to beat McGregorSpread the loveThe former undisputed heavyweight champion claimed he would beat McGregor when asked about a hypothetical match between the two on Monday’s episode of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” “Yeah, but I’m gonna kick his ass anyway,” Tyson said in response to Fallon calling McGregor “nuts,” adding that they would “play with boxing
- Back To The Ring: Mike Tyson to fight Roy Jones Jr.Spread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN The “Baddest Man on the Planet” will step into the ring once again. Mike Tyson will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition match on Sept. 12, according to TMZ Sports. The event will reportedly take place in California and be sanctioned by the California
- Billy Joe Saunders Fined For Promoting Domestic Abuse On Social MediaSpread the loveBritish boxer Billy Joe Saunders has had his suspension lifted and been fined 15,000 pounds ($19,000) for appearing to condone domestic violence. Saunders posted on social media in March a video of himself using a punching bag to advise men how to hit their female partners if they argue during the coronavirus lockdown.
- Tyson Fury, Deomtay Wilder camps targeting Dec. 19 trilogy fight dateSpread the loveTyson Fury’s and Deontay Wilder’s camps are considering dates for their trilogy bout, with Dec. 19 being one of the dates under consideration, Top Rank president Todd duBoef said, according to Steve Kim of ESPN. “We’ve reserved that date for Allegiant Stadium,” Top Rank chief Bob Arum told Kim. “The (Las Vegas) Raiders are
- Joshua, Fury agree to terms for 2-fight deal, says Eddie HearnSpread the lovePromoter Eddie Hearn has announced that Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, according to Sky Sports. “We’re making great progress,” Hearn said. “There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates. We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust ChelseaSpread the lovePierre-Emerick Aubameyang was Arsenal’s hero once again as the Gunners beat Chelsea 2-1 in Saturday’s FA Cup final. The Gabonese forward responded to Christian Pulisic’s early opener with a penalty to level and a beautiful wriggle and finish for Arsenal’s winner. Chelsea will feel they were out of luck at Wembley, as captain Cesar Azpilicueta and Pulisic were forced to
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John MotsonSpread the loveVeteran comentator John Motson has seen just about everything in the FA Cup. Speaking to Fitzdares Whatsport believes Olivier Giroud could come back to haunt his former club by getting on the scoresheet – but thinks Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will end up being the match-winner for Arsenal… “Olivier Giroud is a man I think could threaten
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m dealSpread the loveSaudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, the backers behind the attempted takeover of Newcastle United, has pulled out of a £300-million deal to buy the club from unpopular owner Mike Ashley, citing the Premier League’s “prolonged” review of the bid and general uncertainty around global markets. “With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and
- Report: Chelsea ready to pay €80M for Leverkusen star HavertzSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN Chelsea are prepared to offer up to €80 million, including add-ons, for Bayer Leverkusen playmaker Kai Havertz, according to The Guardian’s Fabrizio Romano. The Blues reportedly opened talks with Die Werkself after agreeing to terms with Havertz on a five-year contract. There’s nonetheless some distance between the two sides. Leverkusen favor €80 million earlier
- Vardy Beats Ings & Aubameyang To Become The Oldest Player To Win PL Golden BootSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN The Premier League’s Golden Boot race ended with Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy capturing the award for the first time in his career. Despite failing to score in Sunday’s loss against Manchester United, Vardy’s 23 goals were enough to win the scoring title and finish one above Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Southampton forward Danny