The Blues head coach was visibly frustrated on deadline day as they were unable to bolster their attacking options, despite Lampard making it clear they needed a striker to ease the burden on Tammy Abraham.
Chelsea explored deals for a number of short-term options, including Paris Saint-Germain’s Edinson Cavani and Dries Mertens, of Napoli, before deciding to wait for their top targets to become available.
Standard Sport understands Lyon forward Moussa Dembele is currently their preferred centre-forward signing. The Ligue 1 side were unwilling to do business last month, but Dembele is expected to become available this summer.
- Official: Juventus Sack Sarri After Stunning Champions League Failure
- Man United Were Interested In Signing Ake Before Rivals Man City Hijacked Him
- ‘No contact’ from Manchester United over Sancho, Dortmund CEO Clarifies
- Essien, Salah and African Stars Seek help For victims Of Beirut Explosion (Video)
- Manchester United Considering Three Options Over Odion Ighalo’s Future Amid FIFA Proposals