Gareth Bale’s agent says the Welsh winger will not leave Real Madrid this summer, despite his lack of playing time at the Spanish side.
Bale made only two appearances in Los Blancos’ last 11 fixtures in LaLiga after the restart and was left out of the squad altogether for the champions’ 2-2 draw at Leganes on Sunday.
Coach Zinedine Zidane said the 31-year-old had been excluded due to a “technical decision”, but there were two free spaces in Madrid’s 22-man squad for the short trip to Butarque.
“Gareth is fine. He has two years left on his contract,” Jonathan Barnett told BBC Sport.
“He likes living in Madrid and he is going nowhere. He is still as good as anyone else in the team. It’s up to Zinedine Zidane.”
Bale is Real Madrid’s highest earner and is under contract at the Santiago Bernabeu until 2022, with Barnett revealing other teams cannot meet his wage demands.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust Chelsea
- FA Cup Final: Chelsea vs Arsenal Line-Ups
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John Motson
- Napoli approves €50m signing of Victor Osimhen from Lille
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m deal