Promoter Eddie Hearn has announced that Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, according to Sky Sports.
“We’re making great progress,” Hearn said. “There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates. We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this fight. It’s fair to say (Joshua and Fury) are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight.”
Hearn acknowledged that although contracts haven’t been signed, both sides are feeling good about the situation. He said that in principle, the fighters have agreed to two bouts.
“We’re pushing towards a place where they can be drafted, for 2021,” he said. “Both guys are in agreement. The structure of the deal has been put forward, and agreed to by both parties. … It’s the biggest fight ever in British boxing. It doesn’t get bigger, and there will never be a bigger fight in our generation.”
Fury is the reigning WBC heavyweight champion, while Joshua holds the IBF, WBA, and WBO belts.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust ChelseaSpread the lovePierre-Emerick Aubameyang was Arsenal’s hero once again as the Gunners
- FA Cup Final: Chelsea vs Arsenal Line-UpsSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John MotsonSpread the loveVeteran comentator John Motson has seen just about
- Napoli approves €50m signing of Victor Osimhen from LilleSpread the loveThe Nigerian global striker has joined the Serie
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m dealSpread the loveSaudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, the backers behind