Havertz will hold talks with Leverkusen this week when they return for pre-season training and reports in Germany say he will tell club chiefs he wants to leave.
Lampard is increasingly confident of landing Havertz, 21, and Chelsea are set to press ahead with a move to sign the midfielder when their Champions League qualification is secured. The Blues hope to secure a deal worth around £70million.
Lampard refused to be drawn on Havertz in his press conference yesterday ahead of tonight’s game at Liverpool. Chelsea can secure a top-four finish with a win.
The Blues have already signed Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner for next season and are also targeting Ben Chilwell, Declan Rice and possibly a goalkeeper.
Lampard has revealed Chelsea are targeting a certain type of character in the transfer market and are looking beyond just talent on the pitch.
He said: “It is not easy to scout for the actual talent but I like players who have an attitude to come and work to be a success at Chelsea; not just to pass through, not to be here because we’re in London.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust ChelseaSpread the lovePierre-Emerick Aubameyang was Arsenal’s hero once again as the Gunners beat Chelsea 2-1 in Saturday’s FA Cup final. The Gabonese forward responded to Christian Pulisic’s early opener with a penalty to level and a beautiful wriggle and finish for Arsenal’s winner. Chelsea will feel they were out of luck at Wembley, as captain Cesar Azpilicueta and Pulisic were forced to
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John MotsonSpread the loveVeteran comentator John Motson has seen just about everything in the FA Cup. Speaking to Fitzdares Whatsport believes Olivier Giroud could come back to haunt his former club by getting on the scoresheet – but thinks Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will end up being the match-winner for Arsenal… “Olivier Giroud is a man I think could threaten
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m dealSpread the loveSaudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, the backers behind the attempted takeover of Newcastle United, has pulled out of a £300-million deal to buy the club from unpopular owner Mike Ashley, citing the Premier League’s “prolonged” review of the bid and general uncertainty around global markets. “With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and
- Report: Chelsea ready to pay €80M for Leverkusen star HavertzSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN Chelsea are prepared to offer up to €80 million, including add-ons, for Bayer Leverkusen playmaker Kai Havertz, according to The Guardian’s Fabrizio Romano. The Blues reportedly opened talks with Die Werkself after agreeing to terms with Havertz on a five-year contract. There’s nonetheless some distance between the two sides. Leverkusen favor €80 million earlier
- Vardy Beats Ings & Aubameyang To Become The Oldest Player To Win PL Golden BootSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN The Premier League’s Golden Boot race ended with Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy capturing the award for the first time in his career. Despite failing to score in Sunday’s loss against Manchester United, Vardy’s 23 goals were enough to win the scoring title and finish one above Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Southampton forward Danny