Manchester United will consider a move for Kingsley Coman if they fail to land top target Jadon Sancho at the end of the season.
It’s understood Coman has been identified as a potential alternative – possibly on loan— if Borussia Dortmund fail to lower their asking price for Sancho.
But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still determined to press ahead with a move for his priority target.
The United manager has not dropped interest in Sancho despite Dortmund demanding £100million-plus for the England winger.
There is a belief in Germany that United will relent, but Old Trafford’s hierarchy are adamant they won’t spend more than £70m on a single target.
It’s felt a compromise will be reached, with United prepared to offer an incentivised deal.
But interest in Coman underlines Solskjaer’s determination to add to his attack when the window opens.
He wants cover on the right wing, despite Mason Greenwood’s outstanding breakthrough campaign.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust Chelsea
- FA Cup Final: Chelsea vs Arsenal Line-Ups
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John Motson
- Napoli approves €50m signing of Victor Osimhen from Lille
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m deal