Both the forward and defender traveled to Italy on Tuesday to begin talks with Napoli’s executives about finalizing their deals, Laurens reports. Manager Gennaro Gattuso is also expected to meet with the pair.
The Serie A side offered €70 million for the 21-year-old Nigerian and €30 million for the 22-year-old Brazilian, according to Laurens.
Osimhen, who enjoyed a stellar Ligue 1 campaign with 13 goals before the shutdown, was linked with a host of Europe’s top clubs in recent weeks. He prefers a move to the Premier League, Laurens adds, but with neither Chelsea nor Manchester United making an official bid, Napoli believe they can convince him to accept the Serie A switch.
Gabriel was widely believed to be on the verge of a summer move to Everton for around £30 million, but it appears the Italian club has pipped the Toffees to the Brazilian Under-23 international’s signature.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust Chelsea
- FA Cup Final: Chelsea vs Arsenal Line-Ups
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John Motson
- Napoli approves €50m signing of Victor Osimhen from Lille
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m deal