The Premier League’s Golden Boot race ended with Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy capturing the award for the first time in his career.
Despite failing to score in Sunday’s loss against Manchester United, Vardy’s 23 goals were enough to win the scoring title and finish one above Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Southampton forward Danny Ings.
Aubameyang made things interesting by scoring a first-half brace against Watford on the final day of the season.
But the Gabon star failed to add another against the newly relegated Hornets, finishing the 2019-20 campaign tied on 22 goals with Ings, who scored a penalty against Sheffield United on Sunday.
Gary Lineker was the last Leicester City player to lead the top flight in scoring after finishing the 1984-85 season level with Chelsea’s Kenny Dixon on 24 goals.
Meanwhile, Leicester City’s 2-0 loss to Manchester United results in the Foxes missing out on a Champions League spot.
- Arsenal Win Their 14th Trophy After Aubameyang dust ChelseaSpread the lovePierre-Emerick Aubameyang was Arsenal’s hero once again as the Gunners beat Chelsea 2-1 in Saturday’s FA Cup final. The Gabonese forward responded to Christian Pulisic’s early opener with a penalty to level and a beautiful wriggle and finish for Arsenal’s winner. Chelsea will feel they were out of luck at Wembley, as captain Cesar Azpilicueta and Pulisic were forced to
- FA Cup Final: Chelsea vs Arsenal Line-UpsSpread the love100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO 100 000 NGN A long domestic season is almost over with Mikel Arteta and Frank Lampard battle at Wembley today with both out to win their first trophy in management. Starting XI: Caballero; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Mount, Giroud, Pulisic. Subs: Kepa, Christensen, Tomori, Emerson, Kante, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Pedro, Abraham.
- ‘Aubameyang Can Be Gunners Hero’, Says John MotsonSpread the loveVeteran comentator John Motson has seen just about everything in the FA Cup. Speaking to Fitzdares Whatsport believes Olivier Giroud could come back to haunt his former club by getting on the scoresheet – but thinks Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will end up being the match-winner for Arsenal… “Olivier Giroud is a man I think could threaten
- Napoli approves €50m signing of Victor Osimhen from LilleSpread the loveThe Nigerian global striker has joined the Serie A facet on a massive cash deal, having been linked with countless of top European clubs this summer time. According to Goal’s Emma Smith, Napoli have confirmed the signing of Nigerian international forward Victor Osimhen from Lille. The striker, who scored 18 goals in 38 appearances for
- Newcastle takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out of £300m dealSpread the loveSaudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, the backers behind the attempted takeover of Newcastle United, has pulled out of a £300-million deal to buy the club from unpopular owner Mike Ashley, citing the Premier League’s “prolonged” review of the bid and general uncertainty around global markets. “With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and