Paraguay giants Club Olimpia have announced the signing of former Arsenal and Real Madrid star Emmanuel Adebayor.
Club Olimpia made the announcement on their verified Twitter handle on Tuesday.
The club will compete in this year’s Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League) and have won the competition three times.
They have emerged winners of the Paraguayan Primera Division (top-flight) 44 times in their history.
Adebayor, 35, was a free agent after ending a brief spell with Turkish side Kayserispor in December.
Adebayor established himself in Turkey by scoring 30 goals in 76 appearances for Istanbul Basaksehir and eight for Kayserispor.
He had previously played for clubs like Metz and AS Monaco in the French Ligue 1.
During his loan spell at Real Madrid, Adebayor won his only silverware at club in 2011 when they Barcelona 1-0 in the final of the Spanish Copa del Rey.
He was named the 2007 BBC African Footballer of the Year and the CAF African Player of the Year the following year.
He remains Togo’s all-time top scorer with 32 goals and played for them at their only World Cup appearance in 2006.
- BREAKING: PL approve 5 subs per game & 9 subs on bench for rest of the season
- Former Tottenham star hails Arsenal target Thomas Partey
- Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid & more leaked kits for 2020-21
- Fernandes: I cried when i was told about the chance to move to Man Utd
- Southampton attacker hoping to “become the next Sadio Mane”