Napoli continue to face competition from Arsenal for Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes, according to reports in France.
The Partenopei had emerged over the last few days as outright favourites for the 22-year-old Brazilian centre-back.
However, le10sport.com maintain this evening that Arsenal are still in the running and keeping a close eye on the situation.
The asking price for Gabriel is €30m and Napoli would see him as a suitable heir to Kalidou Koulibaly.
He joined Lille in January 2017, although there were loan spells at Troyes and Dinamo Zagreb.
Gabriel has made 34 competitive appearances for Lille this season, scoring one goal.
- Lionel Messi could leave when his contract expires (DETAILS)
- Bayern Munich sign Sane from Manchester City for reported €45M
- Mourinho fears for football’s future after Spurs hit by VAR woe
- Man City 4-0 Liverpool: City smashed the champion (Highlight)
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M fee