Connect with us

Updates

Atlanta United sign Brooks Lennon to new contract through 2025 MLS season

Published

on


Atlanta United have signed full-back Brooks Lennon to a new contract through the 2025 MLS season, the club announced Wednesday.

The Fives Stripes also hold the option to extend Lennon’s deal through 2026.

“We are pleased to sign Brooks to a long-term contract with our club,” Atlanta United vice president and technical director Carlos Bocanegra said in a club press release.

Advertisement

“Brooks has been one of the most consistent performers over the past few seasons. He’s coming into the prime of his career and provides great MLS experience for our group. He consistently gets into dangerous positions on the field and creates chances for us and we’re excited for his future at Atlanta United.”

An Arizona native, Lennon joined Atlanta United in 2020 following a spell with Real Salt Lake. Since then, the 25-year-old – who enjoyed a spell in the Liverpool youth system between 2015 and 2018 – has made 89 appearances across all competitions, scoring five goals and assisting 15.

During the 2022 regular season, Lennon created 69 chances, with only Thiago Almada (80) creating more among Atlanta United players.

“Extremely excited to announce I have re-signed a new long-term contract with Atlanta United,” Lennon wrote on social media. “Proud to represent this organization and will continue to give everything and every day for the club and its fans.”

Advertisement

Lennon, who is also capable of playing as a winger or wing-back, has one senior cap to his name for the United States Men’s National Team, making his debut in a friendly against Bosnia & Herzegovina in December 2021.

Signing Lennon to a new deal marks the first stage in what will be a busy off-season for Atlanta United, who missed out on the MLS Cup Playoffs for the second time in three years last season.

Next on the agenda will be hiring a new club president to replace Darren Eales, who joined Newcastle United recently, and finding a new striker following the news that iconic goalscorer Josef Martinez will leave the club.

Advertisement

Watch the story of Charlotte FC’s journey to MLS in 90min’s The Making of Charlotte FC, presented by DoorDash, on 90min channels now. Subscribe to our new US YouTube channel.





Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Updates

CF Montreal’s Kamal Miller focused on 2023 MLS campaign amid European interest

Published

on


Kamal Miller has insisted his focus remains on the upcoming MLS season with CF Montreal amid transfer interest.

The 25-year-old center-back has been one of Montreal’s most consistent players in recent years and saw his form rewarded with a key role in Canada’s 2022 World Cup appearance.

Miller’s form has, naturally, caused his name to be linked to a European transfer, and 90min understands there is even interest from clubs in the top 10 leagues and competing in Uefa competitions.

Advertisement

Should he depart, he would follow in the footsteps of the likes of Alistair Johnston and Djordje Mihailivic to swap Montreal for Europe in recent times. However, Miller isn’t getting ahead of himself and knows he has a job to do at Saputo Stadium.

“Just keep playing well and do what I did last year and, hopefully, something falls into place,” Miller Miller told reporters of his 2023 aims. “I think I did it my first year here. I think I did it my second year here, so it’ll be the same going into this season. Just focus on the opponent here and helping my teammates win games. Everything else will take care of itself.

“The players and the coaches will approach every game the same way,” he continued. “My teammates will help me. I’ll do whatever it takes for the team to win. Hopefully, not only myself but a lot of guys here get exposure and the opportunity to play at the next level.”

Exactly which clubs will emerge as serious contenders for Miller’s signature remains to be seen, but the player is well aware of the level of interest, adding: “They got me on their radar. Now it’s a waiting game.”

Advertisement

After finishing second in the Eastern Conference last season, CF Montreal will once again look to reach the MLS Cup Playoffs in 2023. Under new head coach Hernan Losada, they kick off the new campaign away at Inter Miami on February 25.



Source link

Continue Reading

Updates

How to watch the FA Cup in US, Canada & Australia

Published

on


We’re getting to the business end of the FA Cup with 32 teams remaining in with a chance of lifting it at Wembley later this year.

It may not be important as it once was, but clubs remain hugely keen to win the competition and fans from all over the world tune in to see who does so.

Here’s how you can watch it on TV if you live across the pond in USA or Canada, or down under in Australia.

Advertisement

Victories over Blyth Spartans, Oldham, Farnborough and most recently Coventry to reach the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 2000.

The Welsh side have enjoyed some historic upsets in the competition, having previously beaten Arsenal and West Ham in the past.

Wrexham are unbeaten in 22 games but that streak will be put to the test against Championship high-flyers Sheffield United. The Blades are second in the league and looking firm favourites alongside Burnley to get promoted to the Premier League.

Both sides are in excellent form and it’s due to be a riveting encounter at the Racecourse Ground.

Advertisement

ESPN has secured the rights to broadcast the FA Cup in the US with most of the games being exclusively streamed on ESPN+. However, some ties are shown on the free-to-air ESPN channel. For those that want to watch all of the available games, you will have to pay $6.99 a month or $69.99 annually to subscribe to ESPN+.

Up north in Canada, Sportsnet own the right to show the tournament and will broadcast multiple ties in each round. You’ll be able to view some games on their cable channel, but will have to subscribe to their streaming service, SN Now, if you want to catch all of them, and that will cost you $34.99 per month or $249.99 annually.

In Australia meanwhile, watching on a streaming service is the only option with Viacom buying the rights in late 2021 and showing the FA Cup only on Paramount+, a service that requires a monthly $8.99 subscription.

Every fourth round game will be available solely on ESPN+ in the US, with each of them featuring English coverage and five – Fulham vs Sunderland, Preston vs Tottenham, Manchester United vs Reading, Brighton vs Liverpool and Wrexham vs Sheffield United – being shown in Spanish too.

Advertisement

Sportsnet are showing every tie of the round on their streaming service, SN Now, with Man Utd’s game also on their main TV channel, SN1.

Paramount+ will also show every match of the fourth round in Australia.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Updates

Atletico Madrid Confirm Signing of Kieran Trippier From Tottenham on 3-Year Deal

Published

on


​Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of Tottenham right back Kieran Trippier for a fee believed to be worth £20m plus add-ons.

Trippier’s future at Spurs was in doubt following the conclusion of the 2018/19 season and he was linked with Serie A sides Juventus and Inter.

However, Atleti have now confirmed the deal after Trippier passed his medical on Wednesday, revealing the England international has signed a three-year deal with the Spanish giants.

Advertisement

In a ​statement on their website, Atleti stated: “Atlético de Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement for the transfer of Kieran Trippier. The English player, 28, signs for the next three seasons.”

Trippier is ​Atletico’s latest signing this summer, with the club having already signed Marcos Llorente, Felipe, Hector Herrera and Joao Felix among others. The former Burnley man will compete with Santiago Arias for a starting spot under Diego Simeone.

Trippier enjoyed a fine 2017/18 campaign and an even better World Cup, but his form tailed off the following season.

The deal leaves ​Tottenham with Serge Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters as their recognised right backs, while Juan Foyth is also an option having played in that position for Argentina at this summer’s Copa America.

Trippier made 114 appearances for the north London club after joining for £3.5m from Burnley, scoring two goals and helping them reach the final of the ​Champions League last season.





Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Use App
Live TV
Predictions