Atletico Madrid are purportedly weighing up a move for Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino as a feature of an arrangement that could see Luis Suarez head the opposite way.
Suarez has been connected with a shocking re-visitation of Anfield lately, seven years after leaving Liverpool for Barcelona.
Atletico signed the Uruguay internationl from Barca for an ostensible charge the previous summer and he has scored 19 goals in 25 La Liga trips.
- Manchester United eyeing Leicester center-back for a possible move this summer
- Kano Pillars officially unvail Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa
- Report: Manchester United plot Raphael Varane bid in summer
- Report: Chelsea leading race for Manchester City all-time goalscorer
- Arsenal to consider Jesse Lingard as Martin Odegaard alternative
According to fresh reports from Spain, Los Rojiblancos fear losing the prolific striker at the end of the campaign and are working to ensure they are not caught short.
It is claimed that Atletico, who are on course for a second league title in seven years, could step forward with an offer for Firmino as a replacement for Suarez.
Firmino is into his sixth season with Liverpool and has six goals to his name this campaign, compared to 10 goals in 2019-20.
- Chelsea manager reveals he is ‘not the guy’ to speaks on the Blues’ involvement in Super League
- Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool Highlight
- UEFA president claims ‘there could Champions League without European Super League clubs’
- Europe Super League: Check out statements, formats, first 12 founders (all round updates)
- Atalanta 1-0 Juventus Highlight