The “Baddest Man on the Planet” will step into the ring once again.
Mike Tyson will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition match on Sept. 12, according to TMZ Sports.
The event will reportedly take place in California and be sanctioned by the California State Athletic Commission. Undercard fights and musical performances are planned.
Tyson and Jones could use 12 ounce gloves for the bout, but aren’t expected to try for knockouts, reports Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.
The 54-year-old Tyson has been talking about a comeback for months after he posted a training video that went viral.
The former undisputed heavyweight champion teased a potential rematch with Evander Holyfield, a fight that could still happen after the Jones match, TMZ adds.
Tyson hasn’t fought since 2005. Jones, 51, has remained active this century, but stated that a 2018 fight would be the last of his career.
- OMG! Floyd Mayweather To Come Out Of Retirement To Face McGregor (Details)Spread the loveFloyd Mayweather is inclined to come out of retirement to face Conor McGregor again, however solely for the proper payday, SportVectru reports. “If I could pick an easy $300 million, absolutely,” Mayweather told Shannon Sharpe on his “Club Shay Shay” podcast earlier this week when asked about a rematch with McGregor, according to MMA
- Who could Man United face in the Champions League group stages?Spread the loveManchester United’s reward for a third-place Premier League finish last season is a return to Champions League football. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Old Trafford revolution needed a return a the top table of the European game, and United will be tasked with pushing on this term. United have won the European Cup three times before, and whilst
- Serena Williams pulls out of French Open with injurySpread the loveSaying she is “struggling to walk,” Serena Williams ended her latest bid for a 24th Grand Slam title and withdrew from the French Open before her second-round match Wednesday because of an injured Achilles heel. Williams hurt herself during her semifinal loss at the U.S. Open three weeks ago, which she called “bad
- Hazard’s injury nightmare continues with new muscle issueSpread the loveJust as he was about to return from an ankle injury, Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard was diagnosed with a separate muscle issue Wednesday, prolonging his spell on the sidelines. Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane had included Hazard in his squad to face Real Valladolid after saying the Belgian was finally “ready” to make his first appearance of the new season. Hazard
- Deportivo La Coruna sign former Watford midfielder Uche AgboSpread the loveThe Nigeria international has dedicated his future to the Blues and Whites, signing a long-term deal with the third-tier Spanish clubSegunda Division B aspect Deportivo La Coruna has introduced the everlasting signing of Uche Agbo from Belgian First Division A membership Standard Liege. The centre-forward put pen to paper on a four-year deal