Connect with us

Updates

Benjamin Pavard sent transfer warning by Bayern Munich

Published

on


Bayern Munich CEO Oliver Kahn has warned Benjamin Pavard that public pressure about a future transfer will not work against the Bundesliga side.

Pavard, whose contract expires in 2024, has yet to agree an extension to his current deal and has publicly admitted on more than one occasion that he would be prepared to listen to offers from elsewhere, with Serie A side AC Milan even namedropped as a possible landing spot.

However, Kahn has now warned Pavard that speaking publicly about his future is no way to resolve his situation.

Advertisement

“Nobody can start their departure with statements, especially not in public,” Kahn told Sky Germany. “We won’t allow that.

“Benjamin knows what he has in Bayern. We also know what we have in him. We can classify and manage the emotions of the players, which sometimes go up and down.”

Harry Symeou hosts Jack Gallagher and Toby Cudworth to look back on Germany ’06 as part of the ‘Our World Cup’ series. We take a trip down memory lane – join us!

If you can’t see the podcast embed, click to download or listen to the episode in full!

Advertisement

One issue for Pavard is the position in which he plays on the pitch. He recently confessed that he will only consider offers as a central defender, despite the vast majority of his Bayern career being spent as a right-back.

Indeed, Pavard made his name at Stuttgart as a central defender, but he has rarely been used there in Munich. Of his 140 appearances for the club, just 31 have come as a centre-back.

He ended the first half of the Bundesliga season in a central role, although that was largely due to the injury suffered by Matthijs de Ligt.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Updates

Nottingham Forest confirm signing of Jonjo Shelvey from Newcastle

Published

on


Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of midfielder Jonjo Shelvey from Newcastle United.

Shelvey joins on a permanent deal, signing a two-and-a-half-year contract at the City Ground.

“It’s a pleasure to be here. As soon as I found out Forest were interested, it caught my eye straight away and I just couldn’t wait to get down here,” said Shelvey, who will wear the number 6 shirt for Forest.

Advertisement

“It’s a fantastic football club that has so much history and I’m really looking forward to getting started.

“My main goal straight away is to fight for my place in the team and stay there. It’s not going to be easy because there’s a lot of competition for places, but it’s a challenge I’m really looking forward to and the competitiveness can only help the team going forward.

“I spoke to Eddie Howe and he had such good words to say about Steve Cooper. I previously knew of him from my time at Liverpool, so I knew what a fantastic coach he was, but meeting him for the first time has been a breath of fresh air.

“He’s told me what he expects and the high standards he sets, so I can hope I can come and help the team push to stay in the Premier League. I’ve been in this league a long time, I know what it takes to stay up and what it takes to get a good team to gel, so I’m looking forward to getting started and working with the players that are here.”

Advertisement

Forest are also hoping to finalise the signing of Keylor Navas from Paris Saint-Germain later on Deadline Day.



Source link

Continue Reading

Updates

Tottenham confirm loan signing of Pedro Porro

Published

on


Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the signing of wing-back Pedro Porro from Sporting CP on loan.

The Lilywhites had been trying to push through a deal to sign Porro for the past number of weeks and finally struck a deal late in the January transfer window, signing the player on loan with a €48m obligation to buy – Porro’s release clause.

Speaking on Monday following the news that a deal had been struck, Porro said: “I’m grateful to Sporting, I love the club.

“I didn’t train as I was only focused on the transfer to Spurs but I will always be thankful to the club.”

With Porro coming into Antonio Conte’s squad, there have been some outgoings at right wing-back too with Matt Doherty agreeing to join Atletico Madrid, and Djed Spence leaving on loan too. In sealing the move, Doherty becomes the first Irish footballer to ever play for one of Spain’s three biggest clubs.

Advertisement





Source link

Continue Reading

Updates

Orlando City & Inter Miami bolster rosters

Published

on


The MLS transfers are heating up as the 2023 campaign approaches. Here’s everything you missed:

Orlando City make another signing.

Orlando City make another signing. / Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

Orlando City have signed midfielder Dagur Dan Thórhallsson from Icelandic top-flight side Breidablik. He joins on a two-year contract through the 2024 Major League Soccer season with club options in 2025 and 2026, pending receipt of his P-1 Visa and ITC.

“Dagur Dan is a versatile player that can play both in the midfield for us, out on the wings or even at right back if we need and he’s been involved with Iceland’s national team program since his days with the U16s,” Luiz Muzzi, Orlando’s EVP of soccer operations and general manager, said in a release.

Advertisement

“He has a great engine and fits the profile of a box-to-box player that can give us strength in both our attack and defense.”

Moussa Djitte

Austin FC loan Moussa Djitte. / Lyndsay Radnedge/ISI Photos/GettyImages

Austin FC loan forward Moussa Djitte to Ligue 1 side AC Ajaccio through June 30, 2023. The deal includes a purchase option.

He departs temporarily after joining the team in 2021 from Ligue 2 side Grenoble Foot 38, for their inaugural Major League Soccer season. He managed five goals and two assists in 30 appearances for Austin.

Djitté has held a U22 Initiative spot for the Verde & Black.

Advertisement
Sergii Kryvtsov

Inter Miami sign Sergii Kryvtsov . / Quality Sport Images/GettyImages

Inter Miami sign defender Sergii Kryvtsov from Shakhtar Donetsk.

He joins on a two-year contract through the 2024 MLS season, with an option for 2025. 

The defensive veteran managed 17 titles during his 13-year spell with Shakhtar, and featured for the Ukrainian national team on 31 occasions. 

“Sergii is a composed defender who will provide valuable experience to our defensive line after many years playing at the highest levels both at the club and international levels; he is a solid defender in the air and possesses strong leadership skills having been vice-captain at his previous club,” Chris Henderson, Miami’s chief soccer officer and sporting director, said in a release.

Advertisement

“Sergii is arriving after preseason with Shakhtar Donetsk, so he is ready to get incorporated into the group. We look forward to watching him represent the Inter Miami colors and help the team work towards a successful season in 2023.”



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Use App
Live TV
Predictions