Connect with us

Copa America

Brazil target Carlo Ancelotti signals intention to ‘respect’ Real Madrid contract

Published

on

Sportvectru banner ad


Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti says he intends to ‘respect’ his contract at the club, amid continued speculation that he could become Brazil’s new boss.

The veteran Italian also moved to deny suggestions that his assistant and son, Davide, will be departing the Bernabeu in the near future.

The senior Ancelotti has been the subject of intense speculation, with officials from the Brazilian FA making it abundantly clear that they are keen to hire him at the end of the season, but he has always brushed off the rumours.

As 90min reported recently, Ancelotti is keen to remain in Madrid but has not yet received a definitive answer over whether he will be retained for next season, although those in charge are enormous fans of the Italian and reluctant to make any changes.

He is not the only member of his coaching team to face an uncertain future as reports have suggested Davide, who has worked under his father at Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich, Napoli, Everton and Real, could be set to fly the nest to become a first-team manager himself.

Swiss side Basel have been touted as a likely destination for Davide, but Ancelotti has moved to quash speculation that he, or his son, will be leaving.

Read the latest Real Madrid news here

“He is finishing his UEFA Pro coaching course in Wales, he’ll finish in May, and then he will be able to coach any type of team,” Ancelotti told Rai Radio 1. “But it won’t be Basel.

“He feels good here and we want to stay here. The day that he wants to start his own managerial career, I think he will, and he’ll do it well.”

“There’s a nice saying that works well here: the wind takes the chatter,” Ancelotti added of his own future. “And that’s it, I have a contract until June 30, 2024, and I would like to respect it.”

LISTEN NOW

On this edition of Talking Transfers, part of the 90min podcast network, Scott SaundersGraeme BaileyToby Cudworth & Tom Gott discuss Chelsea’s decision to sack Graham Potter, Man City and Real Madrid’s interest in Josko Gvardiol, the futures of William Saliba, Kai Havertz, Randal Kolo Muani & more!

If you can’t see this embed, click here to listen to the podcast!





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CONCACAF

Diego Cocca names 23-player roster for Mexico vs. USMNT friendly

Published

on

Sportvectru banner ad


Mexican national team head coach Diego Cocca named the 23-player roster for the upcoming friendly against the US men’s national team on April 19 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, with Henry Martin and Julian Araujo headlining the squad.

The roster leans heavily on Liga MX figures, with 22 of the 23 coming from the Mexican league. Araujo stands as the only player joining El Tri from abroad, making the trip from FC Barcelona after joining the Spanish team in January in a dramatic last-minute transfer.

The squad sees the return of nine World Cup players: Nestor Araujo, Jesus Gallardo, Kevin Alvarez, Carlos Rodriguez, Luis Chavez, Martin, Roberto Alvarado, Alexis Vega and Martin.

Vega is set to feature for the first time under new manager Diego Cocca, after failing to make recent call ups due to injury. The Chivas de Guadalajara player was previously sidelined for eight weeks following a knee surgery for an injury sustained during the match vs. Atletico San Luis on January 13. 

Though the squad includes its fair share of veterans and reliable figures, Cocca also called up seven players that could possibly make their senior national team debut: Roberto de la Rose, Jose Antonio Rodgriguez, Ozziel Herrera, Aldo Rocha, Victor Guzman, Omar Campos and Angel Malagon. 

The inclusion of young Liga MX figures enables the Mexican national team to begin a generational shift, and widen its scope for the two Concacaf tournaments coming up this summer.

Here’s the full roster:

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards



Source link

Continue Reading

Copa America

Thiago Silva urges Carlo Ancelotti to take Brazil job

Published

on

Sportvectru banner ad

Chelsea defender Thiago Silva has become the latest player to back Carlo Ancelotti to take the vacant Brazil job.

The Selecao are on the hunt for a new manager after parting ways with Tite at the end of a disappointing 2022 FIFA World Cup campaign in which they fell to Croatia in the quarter-finals.

There has been much speculation that Brazil could appoint a foreign manager for the first time in their history, with big names such as Jose Mourinho and Luis Enrique thrown into the mix.

But the strongest link has been with Ancelotti, who has been tipped to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season.

Several of Ancelotti’s former and current Brazilian players have vouched for his suitability, with Silva – who worked with the Italian at AC Milan – the latest to chime in.

“Being honest, I would love it to be him, because of the friendship we have and the understanding. He was my first coach in Europe, at Milan. What he has done throughout his career shows he is ready,” Silva said to TJ Sports USA.

“I don’t know if I’ll be a part of the Brazil team, but I’d love him to accept the offer and make the team play the way he wants football to be played.”

Silva’s Chelsea trail Ancelotti’s Real Madrid 2-0 in their UEFA Champions League quarter-final, with the second leg set to take place at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

Though many players who have been coached by Ancelotti insist he should manage Brazil, he has maintained that he wants to stay at Real Madrid next season.

“I think so,” Ancelotti recently said when asked if he feels backed by the Real Madrid board. “The president has always been very affectionate with me and he still is.

“We have to look forward. We will be here next season without a doubt because we are going to respect the contract.”

Ancelotti is one of football’s most decorated coaches. After winning La Liga last season, he became the first manager in history to win all of Europe’s top five leagues.

While he has left a trail of glory throughout his career, the Italian is also a renowned man-manager – a trait which would undoubtedly make him suitable for a switch to international football.

ClubYears managedGames playedWonDrawnLostWin %Trophies won
Reggiana1995 – 19964517161237.780
Parma1996 – 19988742271848.280
Juventus1999 – 200111463331855.261
AC Milan2001 – 20094202381018156.678
Chelsea2009 – 201110967202261.473
PSG2011 – 2013774919963.641
Real Madrid2013 – 201511989141674.794
Bayern Munich2016 – 2017604299703
Napoli2018 – 20197338191652.050
Everton2019 – 20216731142246.270
Real Madrid*2021 – present10372141769.94
Continue Reading

Copa America

Brazil waiting on final Carlo Ancelotti decision from Real Madrid

Published

on

Sportvectru banner ad


Brazil will be made to wait until the end of the season for Real Madrid to make a final decision on the future of manager Carlo Ancelotti, 90min understands.

The South American giants have not been shy about their desire to recruit Ancelotti and the president of the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF) recently confirmed his wish to land the Italian.

However, Ancelotti himself has consistently downplayed the rumours, recently insisting he would be happy to stay with Real for the rest of his life.

Brazil’s determination to land Ancelotti is unwavering but they will have to wait until the end of the season to find out whether the 63-year-old will be available to hire.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that Real have not yet made a formal decision on Ancelotti’s future at the club and are keen to take everything into account – including performances in both La Liga and the Champions League – before reaching a final verdict.

Club president Florentino Perez is understood to be an enormous fan of Ancelotti and does not want to part ways with the Italian, although there is an awareness that the team’s performance in La Liga has fallen short of expectations this season. Real are 12 points behind runaway leaders Barcelona, and Xavi’s side have also come out on top in three of the four Clasicos this year.

READ NEXT

A decision on Ancelotti’s future will be made at the end of the season once the club’s Champions League campaign comes to a close. A departure from the Santiago Bernabeu is by no means likely but has also not been officially ruled out either.

Ancelotti himself is believed to have been keeping an eye on the Canada national team job as he eyes retirement in the homeland of his wife, Vancouver native Mariann Barrena McClay, and it remains to be seen whether he would be interested in a move to another nation.

Brazil will continue to chase Ancelotti and CBF president Ednaldo Rodrigues recently confirmed that the Selecao hope to be able to announce their new boss in May.

“We have the patience to wait for the right time for us to have these conversations,” he said.

“Nothing is defined enough yet to say the name [of the next coach] with certainty, but it is along those lines. We need a coach who has the admiration of the players.”

LISTEN NOW

On this edition of Talking Transfers, part of the 90min podcast network, Scott SaundersGraeme Bailey & Toby Cudworth discuss Julian Nagelsmann’s future and links to the vacant Tottenham head coach role, Barcelona’s ambition to bring Lionel Messi ‘home’, Brighton teenager Evan Ferguson, Florian Wirtz, Kalvin Phillips and more!

If you can’t see this embed, click here to listen to the podcast!





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Use App
Live TV
Channel