It’s official now! Barcelona have confirmed the arrival of Leganes striker Martin Braithwaite. The Catalans have activated the player’s €18m release clause.
The player could wear the Blaugrana colours already in the next home match against Eibar.
The new striker’s official presentation will take place this Thursday at 19:15 CET.
Braithwaite joined Leganes from Middlesbrough for €9.8million last summer. So far this season, the 28-year-old has scored 8 goals in 27 matches in both La Liga and Copa del Rey.
The Denmark international is singled out for his versatility. He can play as a second striker or as a centre forward or even as a left-winger.
Source: Official FC Barcelona
- ‘I can offer you more trainers’ – Mbappe jokingly urges Arsenal target to stay
- BVB 1-0 Hertha: BVB still 7 pts behind Bayern with 4 games left
- How Frank Lampard helped Chelsea pull off shock Timo Werner transfer
- Project Restart: Premier League stadiums to be divided into three
- Leverkusen 2-4 Bayern: Leaders closer to title but Lewy & Muller to be banned