Connect with us

EPL

Broja omitted from Chelsea’s 29-man squad for Us tour amid future uncertainty

Published

on

Broja omitted from Chelsea's 29-man squad for Us tour amid future uncertainty

Armando Broja has been omitted from Chelsea‘s 29-man squad for the US tour. The club’s true assertion concludes that he will hope to get together with the sqaud one week from now.

The expressing is uncertain (“will look to join up with the squad “) and leaves a great deal of space for interpretation .

Advertisement

As indicated by The Athletic, the purpose for Broja’s underlying nonattendance is connected with vulnerability about his Chelsea future.

The striker is vigorously linked with a move away regardless of an effective loan spell with Southampton last season. The Saints, as well as West Ham and Newcastle, are supposed to be keen on marking him on a long-term deal.

Advertisement

The Athletic report that there are progressing conversations among Boehly and Broja’s representatives. One more round of talks will be held on Wednesday.

The striker has a profound love for the club yet he needs to be a starter, not a rotation player. He likewise doesn’t have any desire to leave Chelsea on a loan and would favor a long-term move away in the event that he doesn’t get the game time he needs at the Bridge.

It was expected that Tuchel would evaluate the 20-year-old during the US tour and let him know if he relies on him for the impending season. Be that as it may, Broja’s camp needed lucidity before the start of the tour.

Advertisement

In any case, the plane has previously departed, without the Albanian on board.

As things stand, nothing is sure about Broja’s future. He could either be sold, loaned out (assuming that Chelsea convince him to) or get together with the squad across the pond to attempt to persuade Tuchel he’s good enough.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: Raphina to miss Leeds pre-season tour amid links Barca and Chelsea - Sportvectru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

EPL

Antonio Conte told he must improve Tottenham’s woeful record at Stamford Bridge

Published

on

Antonio Conte told he must improve Tottenham’s woeful record at Stamford Bridge
Photo credit: Skysports

Jamie Carragher has cautioned Antonio Conte he should address Tottenham’s embarrassing record at Stamford Bridge assuming that they are to become serious Premier League competitors.

Assumptions are high for Spurs this season, with a solid completion last season to get Champions League football upheld by a bustling summer of move action. Yves Bissouma, Richarlison and Ivan Perisic are among those to have arrived in north London.

Advertisement

Conte’s side came from behind to beat Southampton 4-1 in their opening match of the season, and they face an early test of their credentials with a trip to face Chelsea on Sunday.

Photo credit: Getty Images

Tottenham have won just once at Stamford Bridge since the inaugural Premier League season in 1992. That came in 2018, when Dele Alli scored twice in a 3-1 win, and Conte was in the home dugout as Chelsea boss.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash, Carragher hit out at Spurs’ record at the ground, though he believes Conte could be the man to change it after the Italian led his side to draw at Anfield and victory away to Manchester City last season.

Advertisement

“I think we’ll see a lot of what Spurs are about today,” Carragher said.

“You’ve mentioned how many times they’ve won [at Stamford Bridge]. It’s embarrassing – two top teams, in London, to come here and only win once in the Premier League era.

Advertisement

“That’s what Antonio Conte has to change. If you look at the record last season against Liverpool and Manchester City, he got really big results.”

Source: EveningStandard

Advertisement
Continue Reading

EPL

Chelsea vs Tottenham: Confirmed lineups

Published

on

Chelsea vs Tottenham: Confirmed lineups

Chelsea battle Tottenham today as a fierce London rivalry is renewed early in the new Premier League season.

While repeating his Premier League title-winning exploits with Chelsea at Spurs might be hugely difficult for Antonio Conte given the sky-high standards that both Manchester City and Liverpool have set, Spurs are expected to fight towards the summit of the top-flight this term.

Advertisement

Last season, that position belonged to Chelsea, although so much has changed for Thomas Tuchel since then.

Date, kick-off time and venue

Chelsea vs Tottenham is scheduled for a 4.30pm WAT kick-off time today, Sunday, August 14, 2022.

Advertisement

Stamford Bridge in west London will host the match.

Line-up

Chelsea XI: Mendy, James, Thiago Silva, Koulibaly, Loftus-Cheek, Kante, Jorginho, Cucurella, Mount, Havertz, Sterling

Advertisement

Subs: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Chilwell, Chalobah, Gallagher, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Pulisic, Broja

Spurs XI: Lloris, Romero, Dier, Davies, Emerson, Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Sessegnon, Kulusevski, Son, Kane

Advertisement

Subs: Forster, Tanganga, Sanchez, Doherty, Perisic, Bissouma, Bryan, Lucas, Richarlison

Where to watch Chelsea vs Tottenham

TV channel: In the UK, today’s match will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League, with coverage beginning on Super Sunday after West Ham’s clash with Nottingham Forest has concluded. Kick-off is at 4:30pm WAT.

Advertisement

Where to watch Chelsea vs Tottenham in Nigeria

If you are in Nigeria or some parts in Africa, you can watch the match live on SuperSport Premier League (CH 203 on DSTV).

Live stream: DSTV Subscribers will be able to watch the match online via MyDSTV App or website.

Advertisement

How to watch Chelsea vs Tottenham for free

We will drop a live LINK here few minutes before the kick-off time, just comeback and refresh this page or save our live stream page link.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

EPL

‘That is what they didn’t do’ – Erik explains what his boys failed to do at Brentford loss

Published

on

'That is what they didn't do' - Erik explains what his boys failed to do at Brentford loss

Talking his disappointment at Manchester United’s 4-0 misfortune to Brentford this Saturday, Erik ten Hag said in his post-match interview: “Difficult for me and a surprise. The team has to take the responsibility and I feel sorry for the fans, we let them down.

“I asked them [the players] to play with belief and take responsibility, that is what they didn’t do.

Advertisement

“Only when we stick together we will overcome it — don’t get me wrong, the manager is the main responsibility and I take that but I have to give them belief and they have to get it by themselves.

“Mistakes are part of football, you have to keep going but you have [to] especially act — It [three subs at half-time] was about bringing fresh ones. I could have changed all eight others as well.”

Advertisement

Ten Hag has plainly not kept down in his evaluation and United just have themselves to fault for this wreck.

The Red Devils are currently winless in their first two Premier League games, having conceded six goals as of now.

Advertisement

Source: Sky Sports

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Videos
Live TV
Predictions