England beat Austria in a less-than-enthralling friendly at the Riverside Stadium on Wednesday as both teams prepare for the upcoming European Championship.
Concerningly for England, Trent Alexander-Arnold, who was a late inclusion in the Three Lions’ Euro squad, limped off near full-time with an apparent injury as the hosts saw out the match.
A lacklustre first half saw few chances for either side, with Harry Kane coming closest around the half-hour on a close-range shot that was saved by Austria’s keeper as the opening 45 minutes ended scoreless.
- Italy 1-0 Wales Highlights
- Switzerland 3-1 Turkey Highlights
- Manchester United youngster Amad gives reasons why he chose to represent Ivory Coast
- Fabrizio Romano gives update on N’Golo Kante contract talks
- Paris Saint-Germain to battle Manchester United for Atletico right-back
Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka finally opened the scoring in the match in the 56th minute, slotting home from a tight angle after the ball fell to him at the far post from and England counter-attack.