RB Leipzig and Borussia Monchengladbachwon their respective matches to secure the last two Champions League spots, as Bayer Leverkusen’s push for a place in the top four fell short on the final day of the Bundesliga season.
Gladbach’s victory over Hertha Berlin on Saturday was good enough to help Marco Rose’s men finish fourth, one point above Bayer Leverkusen, while RB Leipzig beat Augsburg to secure a third-place finish.
Despite beating Mainz, Leverkusen have to settle for a place in the Europa League, in which they will be joined by Hoffenheim.
Hoffenheim pulled off the shock of the day by thumping Borussia Dortmund 4-0 to ensure their place in the group stage of the Europa League next season, while Wolfsburg will enter the qualification stage of the competition after losing to Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich to finish seventh.
At the foot of the table, Fortuna Dusseldorfconfirmed their relegation by losing 3-0 at Union Berlin.
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M fee
- GOOD NEWS: Djokovic, wife test negative for coronavirus
- Tyson Fury, Deomtay Wilder camps targeting Dec. 19 trilogy fight date
- Griezmann’s family slams Setien after late substitution against Atletico
- West Ham 3-2 Chelsea: The blues drops points (Highlight)