Chelsea are reportedly considering a shocking move to bring Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku back to Stamford Bridge this late spring if they fail in their attempts to sign Erling Haaland.
The Blues are quick to reinforce their attacking options and owner Roman Abramovich has focused on the signing of another center-forward, regardless of expenditure around £53m on Timo Werner last June.
According to the Daily Mail, Borussia Dortmund star Erling Braut Haaland remains Chelsea’s number one target this summer, but should they admit defeat in their bid to land the Norwegian, then the Blues could turn their attention to Lukaku.
- Manchester United eyeing Leicester center-back for a possible move this summer
- Kano Pillars officially unvail Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa
- Report: Manchester United plot Raphael Varane bid in summer
The Belgian international, who joined Chelsea as an 18-year-old in 2011, was unable to cement his place as a first-team regular, which saw him loan out to Premier League due West Bromwich Albion and Everton, with former Blues boss Jose Mourinho eventually selling the striker to the Toffees in 2014.
Lukaku has since proven himself to be one of Europe’s most prolific goalscorers and is now enjoying his time under former Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte at Inter Milan.
Since joining from Manchester United for around £75m in August 2019, the 27-year-old has found the net 59 times in 85 appearances for the Italian giants, scoring 25 of those goals this campaign.
- Chelsea manager reveals he is ‘not the guy’ to speaks on the Blues’ involvement in Super League
- Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool Highlight
- UEFA president claims ‘there could Champions League without European Super League clubs’
- Europe Super League: Check out statements, formats, first 12 founders (all round updates)
- Atalanta 1-0 Juventus Highlight