The latest report has revealed that Chelsea have been handed a major transfer boost as their coach, Thomas Tuchel, is interested in signing Juventus defender, Matthijs de Ligt.
However, the deal wouldn’t happen this January but in the summer transfer window.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
According to CalcioMercato, Juventus could consider selling De Ligt this summer, with the player’s contract in Turin set to expire in the summer of 2024.
The report claimed the Old Lady believe they can still pick up a premium fee for the Dutch centre-back if they do cash in this summer rather than wait for him to run his contract down further.
Chelsea could bring in De Ligt as a backup for Thiago Silva, who is ageing but still effective at Stamford Bridge.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...