Connect with us

EPL

New era begins at Stamford Bridge after final Boehly agreement confirmed

Published

on

Photo credit: Mirror

Another era is formally set to commence at Chelsea, who have now publicly affirmed that a last arrangement has been conclusively agreed to offer the club to a consortium drove by Todd Boehly.

In a short, 52-word statement delivered via their official website on Saturday morning, the Blues said they expected the record-breaking £4.25billion deal that will end Roman Abramovich’s profoundly fruitful 19-year stewardship at Stamford Bridge to be completely finished on Monday (May 30), ahead of the cutoff time set by the Government.

Advertisement

“Chelsea Football Club can confirm that a final and definitive agreement was entered into last night to sell the Club to the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Capital consortium. It is expected that the transaction will be completed on Monday,” Chelsea said. “The Club will update further at that time.”

American businessman Boehly is now set to become Chelsea’s controlling owner, supported by the likes of fellow LA Dodgers co-owner Mark Walter, Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss, Conservative peer Daniel Finkelstein, music PR guru Barbara Charone and Behdad Eghbali, co-founder of California investment giants Clearlake.

British property developer Jonathan Goldstein is also set to continue to play a prominent role despite not being named as part of the board, while transfer chief Marina Granovskaia and chairman Bruce Buck are also expected to remain in their roles.

Advertisement

Source: EveningStandard

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

EPL

‘That is what they didn’t do’ – Erik explains what his boys failed to do at Brentford loss

Published

on

'That is what they didn't do' - Erik explains what his boys failed to do at Brentford loss

Talking his disappointment at Manchester United’s 4-0 misfortune to Brentford this Saturday, Erik ten Hag said in his post-match interview: “Difficult for me and a surprise. The team has to take the responsibility and I feel sorry for the fans, we let them down.

“I asked them [the players] to play with belief and take responsibility, that is what they didn’t do.

Advertisement

“Only when we stick together we will overcome it — don’t get me wrong, the manager is the main responsibility and I take that but I have to give them belief and they have to get it by themselves.

“Mistakes are part of football, you have to keep going but you have [to] especially act — It [three subs at half-time] was about bringing fresh ones. I could have changed all eight others as well.”

Advertisement

Ten Hag has plainly not kept down in his evaluation and United just have themselves to fault for this wreck.

The Red Devils are currently winless in their first two Premier League games, having conceded six goals as of now.

Advertisement

Source: Sky Sports

Advertisement
Continue Reading

EPL

Man Utd reach all agreement on personal conditions for Adrien Rabiot

Published

on

Man Utd reach all agreement on personal conditions for Adrien Rabiot
Photo credit: GettyImages

As per RMC Sport writer Sacha Tavolieri, a level two source, Manchester United have agreed with Veronique Rabiot based on personal conditions for her son Adrien.

United have previously settled on an exchange with Juventus and were just trusting that Rabiot will green-light the arrangement.

Advertisement

The 27-year-old was reportedly demanding a pay rise, a regular place in the starting XI and a signing-on bonus to move to Old Trafford. It’s unclear if United have agreed to all those demands.

Director of Football John Murtough flew to Italy on Friday to meet with Veronique and Adrien. It looks like the meeting was successful after all.

Advertisement

Rabiot is expected to sign a contract till 2026 and will be in Manchester next week to complete his medical.

Source: Sacha Tavolieri @ Twitter | Tribuna

Advertisement
Continue Reading

EPL

SPOTTED! Fofana possibly saying goodbye to Leicester fans after Arsenal defeat

Published

on

Fofana possibly saying goodbye to Leicester fans after Arsenal loss

Wesley Fofana has been spotted heading toward Leicester City fans after the 4-2 defeat to Arsenal.

He was the first player to do as such while others were talking and swapping shirts. Solely after that, the rest of the team joined him.

Advertisement

It is accepted that the player might have said his farewell to Leicester supporters. The middle back is overall intensely connected with Chelsea.

What’s more, Todd Boehly apparently was at the Emirates during the game.

The Blues could land the 21-year-old in the coming weeks.

Source: Tribuna

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Videos
Live TV
Predictions