Callum Hudson-Odoi is reportedly feeling let down by Chelsea after the club blocked his attempts to leave Stamford Bridge on loan this summer.
The 20-year-old attacker initially wanted to stay in West London this term after returning for the pre-season campaign in superb condition and prepared to force his way into the head coach’s first-team plans.
- ‘Bring the kid back’ – Arsenal fans make Guendouzi point after masterclass
- Arsenal legend reveals who inspired his coaching career
- Condition! Solskjaer to be given £70m January transfer kitty only if
- 10m euro Super Bugatti Manchester United forward will add to his collection
- Revealed: Man United hierarchy views concerning Solskjaer current administration at the club
Failing to appear in the Blues’ opening three matches of the new PL season, however, forced a rethink with the German giants Borussia Dortmund offering an exit route.
A one-year loan deal was discussed but Thomas Tuchel ultimately decided against letting his player go.
Callum sits behind Kai Havertz, Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner in the pecking order and had hoped a campaign away from Chelsea would allow him to improve further with more senior team opportunities.
The Athletic state however there is frustration over the decision to veto the move with those close to the star believing he has been let down by his club.
Before the transfer market closed, the German tactician highlighted the need to keep his roster intact with the club expected to challenge for silverware on four fronts this season.