Giorgio Chiellini believes Chelsea and Italy midfielder Jorginho deserves to win the 2021 Ballon d’Or award for his trophy-winning exploits for club and country.
“I truly hope he will be able to win it, because he’s a good friend of mine,” Chiellini said ahead of Juventus’ Champions League clash with Chelsea.
- Juventus and Barcelona out for Arsenal striker Aubameyang
- Chelsea hand transfer boost to sign this Juventus defender
- Man Utd miss Cristiano Ronaldo hint as they lose transfer battle to Liverpool
- United youngster Amad joins Rangers in loan deal
- United ‘interested’ in Ruben Neves before deadline day
“And it would also be an award that I will also feel is mine, being an Italian of course, and as a player involved in a win and emotions that will always be in our hearts.
“I’d always thought that Jorginho was a good player. Since [Roberto] Mancini arrived and was able to give him continuity, I was able to realise just how good he is and what a top player he really is.
“Maybe he doesn’t have the greatest physical qualities, but the real difference lies in his head and his mentality.”
[hsas-shortcode group="New1" speed="10" direction="left" gap="50"]
Barcelona and Juventus have made loan approaches for Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The 32-year-old has fallen out of favour at...
The latest report has revealed that Chelsea have been handed a major transfer boost...
Manchester United seemingly missed a hint from ex-assistant manager Carlos Queiroz before Liverpool beat...