Philippe Coutinho has ruled out an emotional Liverpool return claiming he is on “another journey”.
The Brazilian is on loan at Bayern Munich from Barcelona but his future remains uncertain as the Catalans want to sell while the Bundesliga champs do not want to buy.
Coutinho, 27, left Anfield for the Nou Camp in an eye-watering £145million deal in January 2018.
But after a frustrating 18 months at Barca, he made the switch to Munich in a £19million loan move last summer.
And only yesterday, reports emerged suggesting the playmaker had agreed to part ways with Barca this summer.
He said: “I don’t look back. I took another path, and now I am on another journey, much like everyone else.
“I’m focused entirely – just like them – on reaching my dreams.
“I’m happy with what I did in the past, and now I can only look forward.”
- Lionel Messi could leave when his contract expires (DETAILS)
- Bayern Munich sign Sane from Manchester City for reported €45M
- Mourinho fears for football’s future after Spurs hit by VAR woe
- Man City 4-0 Liverpool: City smashed the champion (Highlight)
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M fee