Cristiano Ronaldo is once again in the running for the Ballon d’Or – but is only sixth favourite.
The 36-year-old striker completed a fairytale return to Manchester United this summer from Juventus.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
And he has certainly hit the ground running with five goals in six games in all competitions.
Last season for Juve the Portuguese superstar scored 36 goals in 44 games.
But that isn’t enough to make him one of the favourites for the coveted prize.
According to TheSun, Lionel Messi is odds-on to secure his seventh Ballon d’Or. The 34-year-old is now at Paris Saint Germain and scored 38 goals in 47 games.
Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is the second favourite at odds of 5-1
He netted an incredible 46 goals in just 38 games to help Bayern to the Bundesliga title.
Chelsea midfielder Jorginho is third-favourite at odds of 5-1 with Manchester City schemer Kevin De Bruyne next best at 12-1.
Jorginho’s Stamford Bridge team-mate N’Golo Kante is a 12/1 shot with five-time winner Ronaldo next at 16-1.
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...