Connect with us

Updates

Cristiano Ronaldo claims Man Utd ‘didn’t believe’ him about daughter’s illness

Published

on


Cristiano Ronaldo has alleged that Manchester United executives ‘didn’t believe’ his new-born daughter was ill just months after her twin had died.

Ronaldo and partner Georgina Rodríguez were struck by tragedy earlier this year when they lost their baby son, although they said the arrival of their new-born daughter gave them “hope and some happiness.”

In the latest release from Ronaldo’s interview with TalkTV, Ronaldo has now claimed that Man Utd later questioned his honesty when he said his daughter, Bella, was ill with bronchitis shortly afterwards on the eve of the club’s preseason tour overseas.

Advertisement

“I spoke with the director and the president of Man Utd and they kind of didn’t believe that something was going wrong, which made me feel bad,” Ronaldo said.

When asked to confirm that claim, Ronaldo continued: “They believe me but in the same way [shaking head gesture]… I am never going to change the health of my family for a football. Now, or 10 years behind or forward.

“And it is something that really hurt me because they doubted my word that I was struggling, especially Bella and Geo.

“We had one week in hospital because Bella had a big problem and I didn’t go to the pre-season because of that.

“I didn’t want to leave my family to do the pre-season because I didn’t think it was fair to leave my family for a pre-season. This is why I didn’t go.”

It is the latest of the explosive claims by Ronaldo from the interview, in which he claimed Man Utd had ‘betrayed’ him and that he ‘did not respect’ coach Erik ten Hag.

Advertisement

Harry Symeou hosts Scott Saunders, Grizz Khan & Jack Gallagher to look back on France ’98 as part of the ‘Our World Cup’ series. We take a trip down memory lane – join us!

Man Utd have declined to comment on the interview, although they did release a statement on Tuesday.

“Manchester United notes the media coverage regarding an interview by Cristiano Ronaldo,” the statement read.

“The club will consider its response after the full facts have been established.

Advertisement

“Our focus remains on preparing for the second half of the season and continuing the momentum, belief and togetherness being built among the players, manager, staff, and fans.”





Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Updates

Merrit Paulson to sell NWSL team Portland Thorns

Published

on


Portland Thorns owner Merrit Paulson announced he plans to sell the NWSL club, but maintain control of the Major League Soccer side Portland Timbers. 

Paulson has owned the Thorns since its founding in 2012, and felt no need to relinquish control until the club stood at the center of the NWSL abuse scandal. 

Subsequently, NWSL launched an independent investigation led by Sally Q. Yates into several league-wide allegations. The findings proved that Paulson hid the reasons of former head coach Paul Riley’s dismissal from the team in 2015, allowing him to continue working in the league despite several sexual harassment and coercion allegations. 

Advertisement

Paul Riley’s misconduct, and the Thorns’ involvement in allowing him to continue working in the NWSL, made up a significant part of the findings of the U.S. Soccer-commissioned investigation.

Paulson stepped down as CEO of the Portland Thorns and Timbers when information from the investigation became public. 

“I believe it is in the best interest of the Thorns to have a new owner so that the Club can operate at the league level with a fresh voice to be a driving force for the NWSL,” Paulson said in a statement. “This has been a difficult decision for me, but I believe this is the best way to position the Thorns for continued success during this next chapter of the NWSL and the sport.”

Paulson also pledged $1m toward the establishment of a new NWSL player safety office. 

Advertisement

He did not specify a timeline for the sales process, though several parties have expressed interesting in purchasing the majority stake in the Thorns. 

But supporters maintain the owner should be removed from the franchise entirely.  

“If he’s unfit to own one team, why should he be fit to own the other?” said Gabby Rosas, president of the 107 Independent Supporters Trust, a nonprofit that represents the Rose City Riveters and Timbers Army. “You can’t tell me that one half of the club is broken and the other is fine.”

Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, however, maintained that Paulson doesn’t have “any reason at all” to sell the Timbers. 

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

Football

Monterrey signs midfielder Jordi Cortizo from Puebla

Published

on


Rayados de Monterrey have signed midfielder Jordi Cortizo from Club Puebla, ahead of the 2023 Liga MX Clausura. 

He joins the Guadalajara team on a four-season contract, according to Diego Armando Medina of TUDN.

“I have been delighted since the opportunity to come here was given, I always knew that I had to make a leap to these big leagues with one of the biggest clubs in Mexico,” Cortizo said of his transfer. 

Advertisement

Cortizo kicked off his professional career with Queretaro in 2017, recording four goals in 76 appearances over the course of three years before seeing stints with Tijuana and Puebla. He managed well in Liga MX, but it wasn’t until the 2022 Apertura that he became a standout. 

The offensive midfielder recorded five goals in 20 overall matches to inspire Puebla to eighth on the table and the Liguilla quarterfinals. 

Overall, Cortizo has 12 goals in 149 Liga MX appearances. 

“They are going to see a player who always tries, that will never fail, who will go for the ball, will try to play, propose offensive play, go forward and who will always give himself up for the club. It is my dream to be champion of the Liga MX, there is no better option today than to be sitting here and with this squad to achieve it,” he said.

Advertisement

Cortizo stands as the first signing under new Monterrey president Jose Antonio Noriega, who replaced Duilio Davino  following the team’s elimination from the 2022 Apertura. Upon his arrival, Noriega insisted he needed to evaluate the team’s needs before making drastic changes. 

But the arrival of Jordi Cortizo will now set off the several moves already planned. 

The 2023 Liga MX Clausura kicks off on January 6.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Updates

Club America sign defender Israel Reyes from Puebla

Published

on


Club America has finally signed defender Israel Reyes from Club Puebla.

He stands as the team’s first reinforcement ahead of the 2023 Liga MX Clausura, joining on a four-year contract.  The Mexico City team reportedly paid $4.5M for Reyes, after he established himself as one of the most promising defenders in the Mexican league.

Reyes kicked off his professional career with Atlas in 2019, before quickly securing a loan deal to Puebla. After 19 games with the Franja, the team exercised his purchase option to make Reyes a staple of the backline. 

But it wasn’t until the 2022 Apertura that he became a standout in the Mexican league. The 22-year-old managed three goals in 17 games of the 2022 Apertura, inspiring Puebla to eighth place in the regular season and the Liguilla quarterfinals. 

Overall, he recorded six goals in 76 appearances with Puebla before joining Club America.

Internationally, the player holds one cap with the Mexican national team. He made his debut on December 8, 2021, coming on as a substitute in the 68th minute of a friendly against Chile.

Advertisement





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Use App
Live TV
Predictions