Eckersley made his debut for United in 2009, although his final professional game came in 2015 with Oldham Athletic.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
“Oldham had no money or hope, I was coming back from a wedding, we had a newborn baby and I told my wife I wanted to quit football,” Eckersley detailed in an interview with The Athletic.
“It was a relief, I had enough money to last six months or a year.
“I’ve been thinking about Cristiano Ronaldo being back at United, the last time he was there I was there, I was training with him, and now I’m a dairyman and I sell oat milk.”
When asked on the details of his life now, the former midfielder was quick to point towards the serenity of his life as something which brings him happiness.
“We have our own house, our garden and we grow our own food,” Eckersley continued.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...