The long-awaited heavyweight rematch between Tyson Fury and WBC champion Deontay Wilder has officially been scheduled for Feb. 22, 2020, both fighters’ camps confirmed to Dan Rafael of ESPN.
“We’re going to have an announcement before Christmas, but the fight is happening Feb. 22. You can go to sleep on that,” Top Rank chairman and Fury co-promoter Bob Arum told Rafael.
A location for the fight is not yet known, though it’s likely to take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Rafael reports. Both Arum and Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s co-manager, said that a meeting to hammer out the final details is scheduled for next week.
The fight will be aired as a joint pay-per-view broadcast, Arum said. Top Rank holds an exclusive broadcast deal with ESPN while Wilder and Premier Boxing Champions have a similar agreement with FOX.
- Barca can’t afford €111m Lautaro though Inter accept €90m cash plus player (MD)
- Saul apologises over ‘new club’ announcement amid Man United links (Standard)
- Barcelona have no money for transfers due to pandemic
- BREAKING: PL approve 5 subs per game & 9 subs on bench for rest of the season
- Former Tottenham star hails Arsenal target Thomas Partey