Promoter Eddie Hearn said Anthony Joshua versus Deontay Wilder can still be the ‘right’ fight, but that explosive showdown will not happen until at least 2022.
But Hearn refused to rule out Joshua vs Wilder in the future, telling Sky Sports: “If it’s the right fight for AJ, not stylistically, but if it’s the right commercial fight.”
“Listen, Deontay Wilder knows he turned down the deal of a lifetime to fight Anthony Joshua, but he made his bed and respect to him.
“I want to see him back in the ring.
“All we’re focusing on is the Tyson Fury fight, and anything else happens in 2022, because those two fights will be our plan for 2021.”
- WATCH: Andy Ruiz Jr shows his off incredible body transformation
- Andy Ruiz predicts Anthony Joshua Vs Tyson Fury fight
- Eddie Hearn discloses Joshua’s reaction to Tyson Fury’s physique in latest video on Instagram
- Eddie Hearn: Anthony Joshua Vs Deontay Wilder can still happen (Check out when)
- ‘He doesn’t look like an athlete’ – Fans question Fury’s physique ahead of potential Anthony Joshua fight