Connect with us

EPL

‘Everyone always speaks’ – Bruno Fernandes breaks silence on Ronaldo handshake [Details]

Published

on

'Everyone always speaks' - Bruno Fernandes breaks silence on Ronaldo handshake [Details]

Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes seems to have substantiated Joao Mario’s tale about what Cristiano Ronaldo shared with him during their handshake on Monday.

Footage of a frosty looking meeting between Fernandes and Ronaldo went viral over the last 24 hours, with many speculating that Fernandes did not greet Ronaldo warmly out of annoyance due to the Portugal captain’s already infamous interview with Piers Morgan.

However, Portugal player Joao Mario dismissed talk of a rift between the pair. “I was in the locker room at that moment,” Mario said. “I saw pictures. It was a joke between them. Bruno Fernandes was one of the last to arrive. Cristiano asked: ‘Did you come by boat?’”

Fernandes has since taken to social media to address Mario’s clarification, writing: “Oh Joao Mario, there you are ruining the covers of the newspapers”.

Advertisement

Mario was also questioned about the focus once again being on Ronaldo, to which he replied: “For us it’s the same, the headlines are always about him so for us it’s quite the same. So I don’t see a problem with the timing because everyone always speaks about Cristiano Ronaldo so it’s fine for us.”

In the interview, which will be aired in full across Wednesday and Thursday, Ronaldo criticised Erik ten Hag, the Glazers and a number of his former teammates, and also questioned the club’s handling of his absence from the summer’s pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia.

Ronaldo said he was hurt by a lack of understanding from the club over his decision to stay at home with his family due to health concerns over his daughter, however, United sources insist the Ronaldo camp was grateful at the time for the way in which the club, in particular chief executive Richard Arnold, handled the matter.

Source: MEN
Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EPL

Al-Nassr offer Cristiano Ronaldo record-breaking contract

Published

on

Al-Nassr have offered Cristiano Ronaldo a contract that could make him the highest paid footballer in history, according to report.

The 37-year-old sensationally left Manchester United by mutual agreement earlier this month after he criticised the club’s players, manager and hierarchy in an explosive interview with Piers Morgan.

Ronaldo, who is currently away at the World Cup with Portugal, has been targeted by clubs in Saudi Arabia before, and turned down the opportunity to join Al-Hilal in the summer despite being offered over £300m to do so.

90min previously revealed that Al-Hilal were preparing a fresh offer for Ronaldo, but it’s believed they have turned their attention to Lionel Messi and other priorities – paving the way for Al-Nassr to try and engineer a move of their own.

Advertisement




Ronaldo’s current intention is to remain in Europe, where he can continue to compete in the Champions League, but sources have confirmed to 90min that Al-Nassr have put forward a blockbuster contract offer to take him to Saudi Arabia.

Al-Nassr’s offer is believed to be a three-year deal worth close to £250m a year once add-ons, incentives and bonuses are factored in – eclipsing the huge contract Kylian Mbappe penned earlier this summer to remain at Paris Saint-Germain.

Ronaldo is yet to respond to Al-Nassr’s proposal, but his desire to continue competing at the highest level was made clear in the interview he conducted with Morgan.

Newcastle United, owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, and Chelsea are two Premier League teams to have previously been linked with Ronaldo.

Advertisement




Source link

Continue Reading

EPL

Marcus Rashford pays tribute to late friend with goal celebration

Published

on


Marcus Rashford has revealed that his celebration following his first goal against Wales was a tribute to a friend who’d recently passed away.

The Man Utd man was in electric form for the Three Lions on Tuesday evening, scoring a brace and catapulting himself to the top of the tournament goalscoring charts in the process. In scoring his second and third goal in Qatar, Rahsford became the first Man Utd player to score three goals at a World Cup for England since Sir Bobby Charlton achieved the feat way back in 1966.

Speaking after the game to the press, Rashford revealed that he pointed to the sky following his first goal in order to pay tribute to his friend who passed away following a long battle with cancer:

“I lost one of my friends a couple of days ago. He had quite a long battle with cancer. I’m pleased I scored for him, he was a big supporter and good friend of mine. He was someone who came into my life.”

Advertisement




Rashford also gave an assessment of the game itself and his overall performance stating: “I fancied a free-kick in the first half, but the one in the second half was in a better position. From there it’s about being calm and executing what you do in training. They don’t go in often but I was glad it did today.

“It’s a great feeling. We were a bit disappointed after the USA game, and the only way to bounce back is to have a good performance in your next game; I thought we did it. It was just about taking the chances when they came.”

Harry Symeou hosts Scott Saunders and Toby Cudworth to look back on South Korea/Japan ’02 as part of the ‘Our World Cup’ series. We take a trip down memory lane – join us!

If you can’t see the podcast embed, click to download or listen to the episode in full!

Advertisement






Source link

Continue Reading

EPL

Tottenham ask Inter about availability of key player

Published

on


Tottenham Hotspur have made enquiries to Inter over right wing-back Denzel Dumfries, 90min understands.

Spurs are on the hunt for reinforcements at wing-back, with 90min previously reporting that one of Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty could be sold in January, while a loan move for Djed Spence looks likely.

On their list of targets is Dumfries, who is currently at the World Cup with the Netherlands. Inter need to sell one star player by the end of the season to help ease their financial woes.

It was previously thought that Milan Skriniar would be the man to make way, but he will either sign a new contract or leave for free when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Advertisement




Instead, Inter will look to sell Dumfries in January and loan him back for the rest of the season, though Spurs would push to take him off their hands straight away.

Scott Saunders hosts Graeme Bailey in the latest episode of Talking Transfers, discussing Cristiano Ronaldo’s interview and his future, Man Utd’s interest in Cody Gakpo, plus the latest on Endrick and Rafael Leao. Available on all audio platforms.

If you can’t see the podcast embed, click here to download the episode in full!

In addition to Tottenham, Chelsea are also interested in the Dutchman, and this could drive Dumfries’ price up.

Advertisement




Dumfries signed for Inter in 2021 as a replacement for the outgoing Achraf Hakimi, whose sale partly contributed to the exit of current Spurs head coach Antonio Conte.

He scored five goals from wing-back in his debut season at San Siro and has found the net twice more this term.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
Use App
Live TV
Predictions