Former Manchester United Darren Fletcher is reportedly in place to take charge of United’s midweek Champions League clash against Villarreal on Tuesday after the club decided to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following Saturday’s 4-1 defeat away at Watford.
United’s fifth Premier League defeat of the campaign leaves them seventh in the table, six points behind fourth-placed West Ham and 12 behind leaders Chelsea.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
Joel Glazer, United’s co-chairman, reportedly had the final say and decided it was in the club’s best interests to part company with Solskjaer.
This is according to multiple sources including Duncan Castles of The Sunday Times, who broke the story of the meeting.
Fabrizio Romano claims the official statement, once compensation terms are agreed, will claim that this is a ‘mutual’ agreement between the club and Solskjaer.
Zinedine Zidane is currently the favourite to become Man Utd’s next manager. There is also admiration within Old Trafford for Paris Saint-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino, Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers and Erik ten Hag of Ajax.
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...