Sportvectru.com understands that speculation in the local media asserting that Gernot Rohr has been sacked by NFF as Super Eagles manager is off center.
According to Allnigeriasoccer, the Franco-German football tactician has come under intense scrutiny from the media and fans for the national team’s unconvincing performances during the group stage of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
The Super Eagles could only pick up four points from a maximum nine at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos and two of their away victories came at neutral venues.
Nigeria struggled to beat Liberia in both matches, needing two first half goals in Lagos and two penalties at away, and only an unfortunate own goal in the closing minutes helped them secure three points in the away fixture at Cape Verde.
The very top of the Nigeria Football Federation has informed allnigeriasoccer.com’s editorial staff that Rohr is still in the saddle and no meeting has been held to decide his fate.
Aggrieved Super Eagles fans have argued that Rohr is wasting the talents of the some of the most exciting players in Africa, his team have no sort of playing style and he does not make substitutions to affect the course of a game.
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...