Willy Caballero heaps praise on Edouard Mendy following the goalkeeper’s excellent form for Chelsea FC this season
Earlier before Tuesday’s game, former Chelsea FC goalkeeper Caballero lavished praise on Mendy and claimed that there is no better shot-stopper in world football right now.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, as quoted by Metro, Caballero said: “I believe strongly that Ed Mendy is the best goalkeeper [in the world] – last year and at the moment this year he is the best.
“As he arrived last season in training I saw an amazingly talented goalkeeper in terms of power, in terms of speed – he is so fast when diving.
“He has very long arms and everyone wants that as a goalkeeper. He is showing in every single game that he is calm and he is improving with his feet, he is playing very well in the build-up.
“He is winning points for Chelsea – not just last season but this season too. He is enjoying performing at this level and keeping clean sheets.”
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...