The Reds skipper has been in fantastic form for Jurgen Klopp’s side as they have romped towards ending their long wait for a Premier League title.
Liverpool are currently 22 points clear at the top of the table, with Henderson having featured in all-but one of their 25 games, of which they’ve won a staggering 24, drawing the other.
The former Sunderland man has proven his attacking worth of late, with two goals and two assists in his last three appearances, and Robertson says he is finally getting the recognition he deserves.
”For me, I think he’s the leading candidate [for player of the year],” Robertson told Sky Sports News. “At times this season when we’ve struggled Hendo has been the one that has driven us forward.
“He’s the one who has made sure we don’t get slack, or he has chipped in with some really important goals or really important assists.
- Arsenal ready to sell Kieran Tierney
- Manchester United will not rival Chelsea for Timo Werner.
- Barca can’t afford €111m Lautaro though Inter accept €90m cash plus player (MD)
- Saul apologises over ‘new club’ announcement amid Man United links (Standard)
- Barcelona have no money for transfers due to pandemic