Speaking on TalkSPORT: ‘We’ve been playing chess – I have to say he’s better than me,’
- Marcus Rashford camp sad with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer comments (Details)
- Chelsea boss risks FA charge over comments about referee before Brentford win
- Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: Team news, possible line-up
- ‘Bring the kid back’ – Arsenal fans make Guendouzi point after masterclass
- Arsenal legend reveals who inspired his coaching career
‘I’ve been winning some with him. I asked him to play Scrabble and I’m definitely better than him, so much better.
‘He’s a funny person, top man and he hates losing. Sometimes he tries everything to win and that’s funny with him.
‘He never gives up. On the pitch he tries to step up and is massively important for Chelsea and the national team.
‘Off the pitch, he hates losing and sometimes it makes him a bit upset and angry. I always try to joke with him, he’s a top man.’
Kante has elevated his game to becoming one of the best midfielders in the world and he was named among 30 players nominated for the 2021 Ballon d’Or award.
The 30-year-old is one of five Chelsea players to make the nominations after Cesar Azpilicueta, Mason Mount, Romelu Lukaku and Jorginho, viewed by French newspaper L’Equipe as a frontrunner, got selected.
Giroud, who left Chelsea to join AC Milan in Serie A, revealed his pride at seeing his compatriot get shortlisted for football’s biggest individual accolade.