Tuchel would also not be drawn on possible Chelsea interest in Borussia Dortmund goal machine Erling Haaland and soon-to-be ex-Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero when quizzed on summer transfers yesterday.
“I will not answer that, out of respect for the player and Borussia Dortmund,” said the former BVB boss.
“Of course it’s big news around him and his agent. It seems like they are creating a race for the player. But everybody needs to accept this is a player for Borussia Dortmund. A very promising player, of course, but no comments. He’s not in our squad and not in our club.”
On Aguero, he added: “It’s the same answer like for Haaland. We have full respect for Manchester City and Sergio Aguero. He is a big player for them.
“There is no word needed from me about the achievements of this guy. He is a world-class player. But don’t forget we compete in three competitions with Man City, so I will never speak about the player’s future, and I expect that they do the same with our players.”
You may like
- Chelsea manager reveals he is ‘not the guy’ to speaks on the Blues’ involvement in Super League
- Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool Highlight
- UEFA president claims ‘there could Champions League without European Super League clubs’
- Europe Super League: Check out statements, formats, first 12 founders (all round updates)
- Atalanta 1-0 Juventus Highlight