Super Eagles defender Brian Idowu’s Lokomotiv Moscow teammate Jefferson Farfan has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to Completesports.
Lokomotiv Moscow confirmed this on their Twitter handle on Saturday.
“Jefferson Farfan has tested positive for coronavirus. We wish Jeff a speedy recovery! Get better soon!”
Farfan, 35, is yet to play a game this season, which has eight more rounds remaining, after sustaining a knee injury last year.
He was part of the Peruvian team that finished runner-up and third place at the 2019 and 2015 Copa America.
Lokomotiv are currently second in the Russian elite division, which will resume on June 21 after it was suspended in mid-March due to the of the coronavirus pandemic.
Meanwhile, in a statement released by the Russian Premier League, all the remaining games of the season will be held without spectators.
The regulations of the championship will be amended to allow five substitutions per match in accordance with the recent IFAB decision.
- Lionel Messi could leave when his contract expires (DETAILS)
- Bayern Munich sign Sane from Manchester City for reported €45M
- Mourinho fears for football’s future after Spurs hit by VAR woe
- Man City 4-0 Liverpool: City smashed the champion (Highlight)
- Inter complete signing of Hakimi for reported €40M fee