Former Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov has warned Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz off a Premier League move at this stage in his career.
Havertz has been linked with both Liverpool and Manchester United and made an impressive return to Bundesliga action on Monday night, scoring twice in the win over Werder Bremen.
“There’s a lot of talk that Liverpool, Chelsea and other teams are interested in him, so now he needs to be careful, not let that go to his head and stay focused on his game,” Berbatov told Betfair.
“He has enough quality and if he continues the way he is going teams will still be there, they won’t go away. All eyes are on the Bundesliga at the moment and when you score goals and play good football it is no surprise that teams like Liverpool want you.
“I would like to see Havertz in the Premier League at some point, but not right now. I think it is a bit too early for him, I want to see him play more games, score more goals and get more confidence and maturity.”
- Tyson Fury expressed confidence to fight Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua
- Steve Nicol: ‘Henderson’s made more of an impact than Alonso at Liverpool’
- Ronaldo amazing basket goal during Juventus training session (Video)
- Man Utd ‘set to allow Dean Henderson to see out the rest of the season at Sheff Utd’
- Coutinho may not play for Bayern again amid multiple PL clubs interest (Sky)
- Zlatan sustains injury in training & to be sidelined for long time (Sky Italia)
- Liverpool fans reacts to Hargreaves suggestion over Werner move
- Mike Tyson anxious to get back to the ring with big-name opponents
- Wolfsburg 0-2 Dortmund: BVB keep pressure on Bayern (All Goals)
- BREAKING: Spanish Prime Minister confirms La Liga will resume from June 8