Former Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov has warned Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz off a Premier League move at this stage in his career.
Havertz has been linked with both Liverpool and Manchester United and made an impressive return to Bundesliga action on Monday night, scoring twice in the win over Werder Bremen.
“There’s a lot of talk that Liverpool, Chelsea and other teams are interested in him, so now he needs to be careful, not let that go to his head and stay focused on his game,” Berbatov told Betfair.
“He has enough quality and if he continues the way he is going teams will still be there, they won’t go away. All eyes are on the Bundesliga at the moment and when you score goals and play good football it is no surprise that teams like Liverpool want you.
“I would like to see Havertz in the Premier League at some point, but not right now. I think it is a bit too early for him, I want to see him play more games, score more goals and get more confidence and maturity.”
- Premier League Tonight: Liverpool vs Arseanal LIVE! Line-Ups, How To Watch
- Best American Soccer Players In Europe You Should Watch (top 10)
- ‘No Excuses, We Accept Defeat To Hoffenheim’, says Bayern Munich Head Coach
- ‘Ansu Fati has tremendous qualities but he shouldn’t be rushed’,says Busquets
- Lionel Messi Net Worth (2020)
- West Bromwich 3-3 Chelsea: The blues brutal defensive error earn them one point (Highlight)
- Brighton 2-3 Manchester United: Utd find it so hard thrash (Highlight)
- Official: UEFA allows 5 substitutes in Champions League
- Man Utd News: Chris Smalling might have played his last game for United (Details)
- ‘Nothing surprises me’ – Messi slams Barca for forcing out Suarez