United suffered their first defeat in of the Premier League season when Kortney Hause scored an 88th minute header after losing Edinson Cavani at a corner.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side were then gifted the chance to snatch a draw in injury time when Cavani headed the ball and it struck Hause’s outstretched arm in the box.
Bruno Fernandes stepped up to take the penalty ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, but blasted the ball high into the stands to condemn United to defeat after another disjointed performance.
After the penalty ended up in the stands, Villa keeper Martinez stood up and taunted the Stretford End with a little dance. That came after Martinez had been seen challenging Ronaldo to take the penalty instead, right in front of Fernandes while he was holding the ball, as Villa players tried their best to throw him off his game.
After the game Grealish, who signed for City from Villa in a £100m deal during the summer, took to social media to congratulate his former teammates on their performance while also noting Martinez’s antics.
After Martinez posted a celebratory post on Instagram, Grealish posted a short comment saying; “Emi you funny guy.. well done bro!” including a fire emoji and a laughing face emoji.
Source: Manchester Evening News
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...