Sancho is considered one of the brightest young prospects in Europe and has been heavily linked with a switch to Old Trafford.
It had been widely expected that the 19-year-old would move on when the transfer window opens, but the financial situation amid the coronavirus pandemic has complicated matters, with Dortmund under no pressure to do a cut-price deal.
And former Liverpool man Can does not see why Sancho would rush out of the door – particularly not to United, who are languishing in fifth in the Premier League while Dortmund challenge for the Bundesliga title.
“I see no reason to put Manchester United above Borussia Dortmund,” Can told Sport Bild.
“Not from a sporting side and not because of the appeal. I’d tell him to stay put and let’s play together forever.
- Liverpool fans reacts to Hargreaves suggestion over Werner move
- Mike Tyson anxious to get back to the ring with big-name opponents
- Wolfsburg 0-2 Dortmund: BVB keep pressure on Bayern (All Goals)
- BREAKING: Spanish Prime Minister confirms La Liga will resume from June 8
- Charles Watts: Arsenal ‘absolutely want to sign Partey