Sancho is considered one of the brightest young prospects in Europe and has been heavily linked with a switch to Old Trafford.
It had been widely expected that the 19-year-old would move on when the transfer window opens, but the financial situation amid the coronavirus pandemic has complicated matters, with Dortmund under no pressure to do a cut-price deal.
And former Liverpool man Can does not see why Sancho would rush out of the door – particularly not to United, who are languishing in fifth in the Premier League while Dortmund challenge for the Bundesliga title.
“I see no reason to put Manchester United above Borussia Dortmund,” Can told Sport Bild.
“Not from a sporting side and not because of the appeal. I’d tell him to stay put and let’s play together forever.
- Report: Suarez’s Move To Atletico Back On
- Morata Returns To Juventus In Deal Potentially Worth €55M
- Luton Town 0-3 Manchester United: Rashford, Greenwood Scores As Utd Proceeds (Highlight)
- ‘Real Madrid Should Kiss The Floor Bale Walks On’, Says Agent (Why?)
- Chelsea News: Mendy To Undergo Medical Today