Promoter Eddie Hearn has announced that Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, according to Sky Sports.
“We’re making great progress,” Hearn said. “There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates. We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this fight. It’s fair to say (Joshua and Fury) are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight.”
Hearn acknowledged that although contracts haven’t been signed, both sides are feeling good about the situation. He said that in principle, the fighters have agreed to two bouts.
“We’re pushing towards a place where they can be drafted, for 2021,” he said. “Both guys are in agreement. The structure of the deal has been put forward, and agreed to by both parties. … It’s the biggest fight ever in British boxing. It doesn’t get bigger, and there will never be a bigger fight in our generation.”
Fury is the reigning WBC heavyweight champion, while Joshua holds the IBF, WBA, and WBO belts.
- Report: Suarez’s Move To Atletico Back OnSpread the loveLuis Suarez is finally on his way to Atletico Madrid.
- Morata Returns To Juventus In Deal Potentially Worth €55MSpread the loveLive Scores Is Here! Alvaro Morata’s career has
- Luton Town 0-3 Manchester United: Rashford, Greenwood Scores As Utd Proceeds (Highlight)Spread the loveGoal! 90+2 Greenwood 0-3 in Luton as Mason
- ‘Real Madrid Should Kiss The Floor Bale Walks On’, Says Agent (Why?)Spread the loveGareth Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, has hit out
- Chelsea News: Mendy To Undergo Medical TodaySpread the loveEdouard Mendy is set to undergo his Chelsea