Promoter Eddie Hearn has announced that Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, according to Sky Sports.
“We’re making great progress,” Hearn said. “There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates. We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this fight. It’s fair to say (Joshua and Fury) are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight.”
Hearn acknowledged that although contracts haven’t been signed, both sides are feeling good about the situation. He said that in principle, the fighters have agreed to two bouts.
“We’re pushing towards a place where they can be drafted, for 2021,” he said. “Both guys are in agreement. The structure of the deal has been put forward, and agreed to by both parties. … It’s the biggest fight ever in British boxing. It doesn’t get bigger, and there will never be a bigger fight in our generation.”
Fury is the reigning WBC heavyweight champion, while Joshua holds the IBF, WBA, and WBO belts.
- Patrice Evra explains why Paul Pogba is “smiling again” at Man Utd (Sun)Spread the lovePaul Pogba is once again happy as a Manchester United player
- “Game changer” – Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails Bruno FernandesSpread the loveOle Gunnar Solskjaer said Bruno Fernandes has brought
- Chelsea unveil new home kit and new sponsor for 2020/21 seasonSpread the loveChelsea have unveiled their new Nike home kit for
- Zidane warns Real Madrid over their standingSpread the loveIconic coach Zinedine Zidane warned his Real Madrid
- OFFICIAL: Arsenal sign new long-term contract with starlet Bukayo SakaSpread the loveBukayo Saka ended speculation about his future by