The Spanish giants believe a player-plus-cash deal can land Sevilla’s France defender Jules Kounde ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United.
Defense Central claim Kounde has shot up Real’s wishlist after showing he can play on the right as well as at centre-back.
- ‘We did not take what we deserve’ – Chelsea boss reacts to Leicester draw
- Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace Highlights
- Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Highlights
- Chelsea receive boost in Jules Kounde pursuit
- ‘I will be there’ – Fabinho gives fitness update ahead Champions League final
Sevilla rate the 22-year-old as their key man and are understood to have rejected a £43million bid from Chelsea in the last transfer window – as they want around £60m.
It has already been suggested in Spain he would rather join United than the Blues, even telling his agent to initiate talks with Old Trafford chiefs.
And now Real are being tipped as favourites as they pave the way for an exchange deal next summer.
Bernabeu president Florentino Perez thinks Sevilla value Kounde too highly.
And that’s one reason why Real reportedly aim to see which Bernabeu players they can tempt Sevilla into receiving in return.
It’s certainly thought Kounde aims to move on at the end of the season.
“We were the better team and deserved to win,” Thomas Tuchel told a press...