Harry Maguire headed Manchester United to within three points of fourth place – but angry Frank Lampard insisted he shouldn’t have been on the pitch to do so.
But neither referee Anthony Taylor nor the video assistant Chris Kavanagh penalised him.
Lampard said: “Maguire should get a red and he scores the second goal. That one is a major part of what VAR was brought here for. If you are not going to look at the monitor then you’re definitely not going to see it.
“When the VAR check happens you are waiting and trusting in the right decision. It was just the wrong decision, which I suppose is harder to take with presence of VAR than it would have been before.”
- Arsenal ready to sell Kieran Tierney
- Manchester United will not rival Chelsea for Timo Werner.
- Barca can’t afford €111m Lautaro though Inter accept €90m cash plus player (MD)
- Saul apologises over ‘new club’ announcement amid Man United links (Standard)
- Barcelona have no money for transfers due to pandemic