Connect with us

Football

Laporte reveals how many stars struggles in Saudi Arabia after Henderson sudden exit

Published

on

Sportvectru

Former Manchester City player Aymeric Laporte has voiced concerns about the experiences of several footballers in Saudi Arabia, following Jordan Henderson’s recent departure from El-Ettifaq.

Henderson, who previously captained Liverpool, joined El-Ettifaq in a lucrative deal but left after only half a season to join Ajax in the Netherlands.

The situation has raised questions about other players’ futures in Saudi Arabia, including Karim Benzema at Al-Ittihad, who has been linked with moves to Manchester United and Arsenal.

Jota, a former Celtic player, has reportedly faced difficulties during his time in the country, and there have been rumors about Roberto Firmino considering a move away from Al-Ahli.

Laporte, who now plays for Al-Nassr, provided insights into the challenges of adapting to life in Saudi Arabia, stating that the transition from Europe can be difficult.

He mentioned that many players are dissatisfied with their experiences in the country, highlighting the adjustment required for European players in a new environment.

Quoted by Spanish outlet AS, he said: “It’s a big change compared to Europe, but in the end it’s all adaptation. They haven’t made it easy for us. In fact, there are many players who are dissatisfied, but hey.

“We are working on it every day, negotiating so to speak, and to see if it improves a little because this is something new for them too, having European players who already have a long career. Maybe they are not used to this and have to adapt to a little more seriousness.”

Laporte reacted to the quotes by posting a red X on social media, although the significance of this gesture is not clear.

Since his transfer from Manchester City to Al-Nassr, Laporte has played in 21 matches for the club, scoring two goals. He has experienced only one defeat during his time with the team.

Champions League

Xavi fires back at Enrique for claiming PSG would’ve won without red card

Published

on

Xavi fires back at Enrique for claiming PSG would've won without red card

“Luis Enrique said that even without the red card PSG would have won anyway and he hopes you will be the coach of Barca for many years, what do you say?” Xavi was asked.

The Barca boss replied in a fiery tone, “I say NO to both.”

Xavi’s disagreement with Enrique’s celebration of PSG’s victory may indicate his dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs at Barcelona, potentially hinting at a departure this summer.

Enrique’s exuberant reaction to PSG’s win, followed by comments boasting about his team’s superiority, contrasts with Xavi’s perspective and may suggest a difference in their visions for the club.

Despite PSG’s convincing win, it’s important to remember that Barcelona had a strong start in the match, leading by two goals at one point.

However, a pivotal moment came when Ronald Araujo’s decision to foul Bradley Barcola shifted the momentum in PSG’s favor, leading to their eventual victory.

PSG’s upcoming semi-final against Dortmund will be an intriguing matchup. During the group stage, Dortmund was unable to defeat PSG, indicating that the upcoming clash could be another challenging encounter for the German team.

Continue Reading

EPL

Palmer overtakes three-season Havertz stat at Chelsea

Published

on

Palmer overtakes three-season Havertz stat at Chelsea

Cole Palmer’s remarkable four-goal performance against Everton on Monday evening has propelled him to the top of the Premier League golden boot race.

With 20 goals to his name this season, he is now neck and neck with Erling Haaland in the race for the prestigious award.

His scoring spree also highlights his incredible impact at Chelsea, as he has now scored more league goals in his first seven months at the club than Kai Havertz managed in three seasons, tallying 19 goals.

Palmer’s outstanding form has been instrumental in Chelsea’s climb up the Premier League table, bringing them within just three points of sixth place.

Continue Reading

Champions League

‘He’s had 48 hours’ – Arsenal boss shares update on Bukayo Saka after furious penalty demand

Published

on

'He's had 48 hours' - Arsenal boss shares update on Bukayo Saka after furious penalty demand

Bukayo Saka expressed frustration at not being awarded a penalty after a clash with Manuel Neuer during Arsenal’s 2-2 draw with Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.

He confronted the referee at full-time and even followed him down the tunnel, a departure from Saka’s typically composed demeanor.

When questioned about Saka’s condition before the upcoming match against Aston Villa on Sunday, Mikel Arteta stated, “Yes, he looked fine this morning.”

“He’s had 48 hours to think about it and it’s done.”

Arteta chose not to address the incident after the game, but there was a general consensus that Saka’s contact with Neuer was minimal.

Saka faced criticism for his reaction, but given the high emotions of the game, such reactions were not uncommon.

Continue Reading

Trending

Home
Live Scores
App
Live TV
YT

You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Sportvectru will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.