Liverpool are reportedly considering a move to sign Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele next campaign in the midst of his agreement being expected to lapse at the Camp Nou next June.
Dembele’s talks with the Catalan giants over a new contract have stalled in recent months and there is a possibility he could be a free agent by July or be cashed-in on for a cut-price deal in January.
- Marcus Rashford camp sad with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer comments (Details)
- Chelsea boss risks FA charge over comments about referee before Brentford win
- Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: Team news, possible line-up
- ‘Bring the kid back’ – Arsenal fans make Guendouzi point after masterclass
- Arsenal legend reveals who inspired his coaching career
Despite the France international’s concerning injury record – which has derailed his progress at the Blaugrana since his big-money move from Borussia Dortmund in 2017 – the motivation behind the Reds’ interest is clear.
A wide forward who is capable of playing on either flank due to his two-footed ability, Dembele is able to utilise his technical ability, speed, and agility to beat opponents and open defences.
The 24-year-old has already clocked up 27 international appearances for France – with whom he won the World Cup in 2018 – and his natural talent is undeniable.
He would be an ideal fit in Jurgen Klopp ’s side’s attack due to his ability to play in any of the three attacking positions while being in the ideal age bracket in which the Reds are hopeful of recruiting.