Liverpool have reportedly retained an interest in Torino defender Gleison Bremer but have been joined in keeping tabs on the Brazilian by both Manchester clubs.
The 24-year-old was heavily linked with the Reds last season as the then-champions were in the midst of a defensive crisis.
- Richard Hughes: Cristiano Ronaldo headbutted me and got sent off, it’s a career highlight for me
- Azpilicueta in advanced transfer talks over free Barcelona move in January
- Atletico Madrid to battle Liverpool, Manchester United for 18-year-old striker
- Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic tests positive for coronavirus
- Robert Lewandowski targeting goalscoring record against Barcelona in Wednesday’s Champions League clash
However, Jurgen Klopp moved for Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak and Bremer stayed in Turin, but Italian outlet Calciomercato report that he will not sign a new contract at the Serie A club and so they could look to sell this season.
The report details that Bremer’s deal at Torino expires in 2023, so the club would have to sell next year in order to attract a fee.
However, Liverpool have not got all of their centre backs fully fit, following the return of Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip from injuries.
The report adds though that both Manchester United and City are keeping an eye on the highly-rated Bremer’s situation in Italy.
A deal in January would reportedly cost in the region of between £17m and £25m.
Former Portsmouth star Richard Hughes has revealed being headbutted by Cristiano Ronaldo was one...
Cesar Azpilicueta is reportedly in advanced talks with Barcelona over a move at the...
Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race for Manchester United and Liverpool-connected forward Ricardo...
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has uncovered that Mateo Kovacic has been tested positive for...