Liverpool are reportedly lining up an £88m move for Barcelona midfielder Pedri, with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp determined to bring the Spaniard to Anfield.
The 18-year-old only arrived at Barcelona from Las Palmas last summer but was a key player for Ronald Koeman’s side during the 2020-21 campaign, making 52 appearances in all competitions.
- Manchester United vs West Ham: Confirmed lineups
- “That’s not a problem with me” – Noble speaks on penalty he missed against United
- Barcelona interested in Manchester United attacker
- Manchester United name Elanga and Alex Telles in squad to face West Ham
- “People are suggesting he’s bigger than Man United” – Simon Jordan reacts to Cristiano’s touchline incident
Pedri then represented Spain at Euro 2020 and the Tokyo Olympics during a busy summer before returning to Camp Nou, and he has already featured twice for the Catalan giants this term.
A recent report claimed that Barcelona were lining up a new contract for the teenager, who will have a two-year extension in his current deal activated next summer.
However, according to OK Diario, Liverpool are preparing to launch an £88m offer for the midfielder in the hope of convincing Barcelona to sell amid their financial issues.
The report claims that Klopp views Pedri as the ideal player to replace Georginio Wijnaldum, who left Anfield to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer over the summer.
Manchester City are also said to be keeping a close eye on the developments surrounding the youngster.