Goalkeeping coach John Achterberg has spoken on the impact that Jurgen Klopp‘s arrival had at Liverpool after joining in October 2015.
During a discussion with the Athletic, a member of Klopp’s backroom staff John Achterberg who looks after the goalkeepers spoke about the impact the German’s arrival had.
- Marcus Rashford camp sad with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer comments (Details)
- Chelsea boss risks FA charge over comments about referee before Brentford win
- Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: Team news, possible line-up
- ‘Bring the kid back’ – Arsenal fans make Guendouzi point after masterclass
- Arsenal legend reveals who inspired his coaching career
“When the boss came in, you can see everything change. The atmosphere in the stadium, that changes as well. Before, some of the fans always left early. He then created the team.”
Achterberg went on to say that to be successful you have to have the right mix of players and management.
“You can have good players, but you also need a good manager. Without the two, you do not have success.”
It was clear for everyone to see when Klopp arrived in a brilliant first press conference describing himself as ‘The Normal One’ how things were about to change in and around Anfield.